Franchised Activities Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075686
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
"Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other”where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it actively encouraged. We™re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
- As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
- Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
- Free Employee Meals
- We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
- Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah “ growth opportunities are unlimited!
- 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
- Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
- Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
- Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge “ promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
- Discounted Bus Passes
- We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year “ start accruing right away!
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
- Tickets at Work discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
- Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 3 months prior to opening date*****
Supports all aspects of the activities and recreation functions. Provides and models service behavior to guests and employees. Reinforces appropriate culture to provide service to guests. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Position works with direct reports to implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives while meeting financial goals.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Managing Recreation Operations
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
- Monitors quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Manages outside vendors related to recreation and activities functions.
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensures workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Develops and manages the children's program (e.g., coordinates activities, purchases equipment and supplies etc.).
- Develops and manages group activities and events for all ages of owner and guest.
- Manages pool and beach areas (as applicable), including overall maintenance, daily upkeep and cleanliness, and the operation of cabana units.
- Drives and manages financial performance of the recreation department, activities, contracted vendors to ensure optimal revenue for the resort.
- Communicates theming directions, projects, and timelines to property and corporate leaders as appropriate.
- Strategizes and partners with other department heads monthly and quarterly to assist in the delivery and execution of events /activities planning to enhance the Owner/Guest experience.
- Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for Owner/Guest satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed."
This company is an equal opportunity employer.