Franchised Wine Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075662
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District, 300 West River Street, Savannah, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at : jwsavannahjobs.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Beginning Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We are seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
- Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
- Free Employee Meals
- We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
- Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah growth opportunities are unlimited!
- 20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
- Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
- Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
- Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
- Discounted Bus Passes
- We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
- 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year start accruing right away!
- Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
- Tickets at Work discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
- Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
- Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 1 month prior to opening date*****
The overall objective and purpose of the Wine Manager position is to execute beverage service, blending demonstrations and classes to create an enriching and exceptional guest experience. The incumbent is responsible for beverage service and blending classes, to include the initial staging and set-up, greeting and entertaining guests, providing instruction and guidance, as well as setting and breaking down a room. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
- Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature.
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette.
- Maintain the integrity of the guest’s privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets.
- Serve food and beverage in a genuine, friendly, professional and efficient manner consistent with the Kessler image and standards.
- Share knowledge of wine with guests and demonstrate effective sales techniques to sell wine items.
- Present wine options, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverage, including pairings.
- Monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the beverage product.
- Assist with set up and tear down of functions. Clear and reset tables at the completion of classes.
- Prepare for blending classes. Inspect room set up, test audio visual equipment to ensure proper functioning, and stock room with adequate supplies.
- Conduct blending classes, following the lesson plans.
- Assist with the priming of bottles and designing and printing of labels with appropriate software.
- Assist in developing materials (tasting notes) for print for guests as well as Grand Performers.
- Swap kegs of wine attach lines according to specifications.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area to include adhering to sanitation standards according to state law and health codes.
- Estimate anticipate and report beverage consumption to management.
- Maintain appropriate par, and communicate inventory shortages of wine, food, retail glassware and supplies.
- Print materials to include tasting notes, wine-lists, placemats, etc.
- Maintain the daily operation of the tasting room and function space through the execution of daily side work.
- Follow cash handling standard operating procedure and RFID loading procedure.
- Maintain updated inventory and pricing in property management system.
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, property management systems and access according to specifications.
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals.
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Knowledge of basic wine service and glass terminology
- Knowledge of gust service etiquette and proper food and beverage serving techniques
- Knowledge of wine, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Ability to perform all wine blending related tasks and proficiently use job-related software, property management systems and office equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to demonstrate cash handling procedures and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, upgrades and percentages
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of office equipment and property management systems
Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.