Franchised Hotel Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075661
Job Category Property Leadership
Location The M by Montcalm AUTO (F), 151-157 City Road, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Montcalm Hotels Ltd. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- To manage staffing levels and to make adjustments as required. Managing respective HOD to ensure
- The Hotel is optimally staffed
- Staff leaves are managed so that personal and business needs are met
- Headcount changes are made in a timely fashion so that service and costs are not negatively impacted
- To maintain discipline and ensure a high degree of care is shown towards customers Individuals understand and are trained to perform to the required standards.
- Technical and personal standards are high
- Customer transactions are monitored and feedback given to individuals for improvement.
- Under performance is dealt with promptly and according to procedures.
- High performers are acknowledged and encouraged to develop.
- Staff represents the hotel key values when dealing with customers.
- Customers feel that they matter and individual attention is given to them.
- To ensure that staff rotas, holidays, hours and attendance are maintained and effectively communicated to the Payroll Department. Overlooking Department Heads to ensure :
- Starter, leavers and payroll changes are administered correctly and on time.
- Payroll is informed of changes in keeping with payroll schedules.
- Wage queries are dealt with swiftly and discrepancies resolved within 2 days of notification.
- A system is in place for requesting time-off and is understood by staff.
- Decisions to grant or refuse leave are consistent and the criteria understood by staff.
- Hours are monitored and potential problems are raised with HRM.
- Staffing levels are in-line with business and personal needs.
- Performance is effectively managed Annual appraisals and Job Chats are conducted on-time and to the required standard.
- Managers/Supervisors are trained to carry out performance reviews and on-going coaching given.
- Performance reviews are monitored for quality and consistency.
- Succession plan is in place.
- All staff receives high quality performance feedback.
- Appropriate action is taken to deal will all levels of performance.
- To maintain regular and effective communication within the team and at all levels Daily meetings happen on time and are chaired effectively.
- A schedule of monthly communication meetings is produced and published and average attendance is 95%.
- Staff has current knowledge of daily, departmental and business developments.
- Inter-departmental relationships are well-maintained and staffs are encouraged to work with other departments.
- Staff feedback is sought and communicated to Departmental Management team for response.
- Service Quality
- To be aware of VIPs, Corporate and regular guest arrivals and to ensure requirements are anticipated and met.
- Daily updates of guest information is gathered and clearly communicated to Front of House staff.
- Personally ensures that guest needs are anticipated and arrangements made to meet those needs.
- Where possible, personal contact is made to develop a positive relationship with key guests.
- Dealing with customer complaints and comments
- Ensure all staff has a good knowledge of hotel services and products. On-going training and communication to check for understanding.
- Implements incentives for cross-selling.
- Continuous improvement on procedures and processes efficiencies. Improvements are made to reduce non-value adding activities so as to maximize guest contact time.
- Improvements are sought to increase the quality of guest contact.
- Policies/ Procedures
- Ensure procedures are in place for all transactions.
- Prepare and ensure staff is following SOP manuals.
- Ensure standard procedures are followed for key transactions.
- Procedures are consistently adhered to
- Where procedures need improving, Managers/Supervisors are involved in making and training in changes.
- Ensure a strong attention to detail with regards to the overall Hotel presentation, inside and out.
- Attending meetings in regards to Reputation Management and other review channels
- Timely response of all guest comments on trip advisor
- Carry out thorough investigation in relation to all guest complaints and take appropriate actions.
- Organizing building maintenance
- Making sure security is effective
- Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations
- Carrying out regular inspections of property and services
- Dealing with contractors and suppliers
- Complete weekly audits of the hotel and feedback to the Management regarding any areas to be addressed or training requirements to be fulfilled.
- Carry out all supplier communication activity in line with company procedure"
This company is an equal opportunity employer.