Franchised Chief Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075291
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Courtyard Bethesda Chevy Chase, 5100 Campbell's Run Road, Chevy Chase, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hospitality Partners. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the overall upkeep and maintenance of the hotel.
- Troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions in electrical/mechanical/plumbing systems (e.g. HVAC, boilers, fire systems, refrigeration systems, lighting, appliances & other hotel equipment).
- Conducting ongoing room preventative maintenance program (see maintenance manual for system specifics)
- Resolving maintenance problems, complaints, and work orders to prioritize and schedule work.
- Carpentry and painting skills, as well as drywall and carpet repair work, is a plus. Inspecting property to identify potential and current needs.
- Ensuring department expenditures meet budget requirements. Assisting with the capital budget process.
- Soliciting bids from contractors and evaluating their proposals with hotel management.
- Coordinating with local health, safety, fire, and building inspectors to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Ensure pool is properly maintained to include cleanliness and chemical content.
- Maintaining the building exterior if not serviced by a contractor (e.g. lawn care, painting, etc). Supervising and scheduling of maintenance staff. Respond to all emergency situations following emergency policy and procedures detailed in the Emergency Book.
- Responsible for completing all required shift paperwork and reports accurately and completely.
- Plumbing /Electrical
- Prior hotel maintenance experience of at least 4 years or more is a plus.
- Previous experience in management of maintenance/engineering specific to electrical, plumbing, HVAC system, ventilation system and carpentry.
- Working knowledge and experience with swimming pool maintenance. Experience ordering supplies and inventory.
- Must be able to maintain guest satisfaction scores at brand standard or higher and all Internal Audit/Corporate standards
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with guests and staff. Must be able to lead a Team of 2 or more people.
- Will be required to work some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.