Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19075260
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard Charlottesville - University Medical Center, 1201 W. Main Street, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://careers.crestlinehotels.com/jobs/1349854-director-of-sales
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Crestline Hotels & Resorts. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Exciting Director of Sales Opportunity at the Courtyard Charlottesville – University Medical Center hotel!
Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Courtyard Charlottesville – University Medical Center has 139 guest rooms, with 2,260 sq ft of meeting space. Market share is literally steps away as the hotel is situated up against the University of Virginia and the UVA Medical Center, with the historic downtown and downtown mall alike. Charlottesville continues to win multiple accolades such as one of the “The Best Places to Live in America”!
We are currently on the hunt for a Director of Sales at the Courtyard Charlottesville – University Medical Center hotel. The ultimate mission of this role will be to aggressively drive market share in a dynamic, busy downtown area. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone excited to work with a premium brand with a market that has grown quickly, and is continuing to rapidly expand.
A strong predictor of success for the Director of Sales will be the ability to:
- Quickly understand market conditions and provide leadership around maximizing opportunities for revenue growth from new and current customer base and nearby competition
- Drive a culture of success and effective sales tactics while mentoring the existing sales team
- Develop cohesion with the General Manager, Revenue Management, and Regional Sales staff to ensure alignment and open communication
- Possess excellent selling skills and style to connect quickly with customers
The Director of Sales should also be able to work closely and collaborate effectively with:
- All key leaders across the hotel to include the General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Front Office Manager, and other Operational Leaders
- Crestline’s Executive and Regional Sales Leadership, and Revenue Management
- Additional Corporate Staff and key members across the Corporate level to include Human Resources, Centralized Accounting, and Senior Operations staff
- Strong focus on growth of Total Hotel Revenue and positive RevPAR Index Change Year-Over-Year – your ability to influence and increase these upon starting is key
- Understanding and execution of the Sales Process to effectively contract group business and secure corporate negotiated rate accounts
- Understand and champion the hotel’s overall Business Plan with a strong focus on execution
- Ensure a strong understanding of the hotels Comp Set and provide any recommendations to the Field Sales Staff and General Manager
- Staff Optimization – ensure all newly hired and current sales staff understand their mission and have the tools to execute successfully on the Business Plan
- Develop and get to know key players to include Hotel Ownership and pertinent Field/Corporate Staff
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) with 3-5 years of equivalent work experience – you have a passion for Hotel Sales coupled with a competitive, hunter mentality!
- Strong understanding of Hotel Sales and Comp Sets with a proven track record of success
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written – your ability to communicate and influence by word and writing is a must
- Basic Computer Skills – you must have the ability to communicate effectively through email as well as manipulate and analyze information quickly from spreadsheets and databases
Preferred Skills and/or Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Select, Focused, or Extended Hotel Stay experience
- Hotel experience
- SalesPRO experience
This company is an equal opportunity employer.