Senior Therapist - Open Day
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19074424
Job Category Spa
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Provide massage services to guests using props and/or products. Provide body treatments to guests using body scrubs, wraps, and/or hydrotherapy. Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, and pregnancy) before beginning service. Keep up to date with current techniques and modalities related to their field of work. Escort guests to and from treatment rooms. Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes. Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety and security throughout service. Promote and sell spa services including retail offerings related to the Spa. Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools. Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift, dispose of trash and dirty linens, and secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift. Monitor and stick to time schedule throughout the day. Handle inappropriate guest behavior by following Marriott International standard operating procedures for Inappropriate conduct for guests and therapists, leading up to and including stopping a treatment or service and informing supervisor/manager. Maintain current skills and licensure in service area as per regional requirements.
accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety
training and certifications. Follow all company policies and procedures; make
sure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain
confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and
acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address
guests’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with
others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive
working relationships with others. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period
of time; grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight. Move,
lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10
pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size
and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Perform
other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors..
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - None
- Titles of Direct Reports – N/A
Minimum 2 years of experience in spa & hospitality industry
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent hospitality skills
- Passion to work with people
- Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
- Able to work under pressure at times
- Ability to be versatile
- Must be able to work as scheduled and flexible hours as shift extending may exist at end of shift based on business demands. Department and individual roster will depend on business volume and customer segments in the hotel. Must be flexible with shift schedule at all times.
- Well presented
- Clear speech
- Good general health
- Self-motivated - able to work on their own
To have worked as therapist before. Preferably in a recognized Spa.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
Provide Spa Services
- Monitor and stick to time schedule to stay on schedule throughout the day.
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, pregnancy) before beginning service.
- Check with guest to promote continued comfort throughout service (e.g., comfortable temperature, amount of pressure).
- Provide massage services to guests using props (e.g., rain sticks, hot stones) and/or products (e.g., oils, gels, lotions).
- Provide body treatments to guests using body scrubs, wraps, and/or hydrotherapy.
- Offer guests amenities such as water, juice, or heated neck pillows.
- Maintain current licensure in service area by taking continuing education if needed and renewing license before expiration date, where applicable.
- Keep current with techniques and modalities related to field of work.
- Maintain current skills and licensure in service area as per regional requirements.
- Arrange workstation, treatment room, and/or drapes to promote guest comfort and safety.
- Check computer or reservation center for updates and changes to schedule regularly throughout the day.
- Confirm guest first and last name and type of treatment scheduled prior to beginning treatment.
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior by following Marriott International standard operating procedure for Inappropriate conduct for guests and therapists, leading up to and including stopping a treatment or service and informing supervisor/manager.
- Assist to maintain and develop client database.
- Assist to maintain guest history files on all existing guests and create files for new guests.
- Review all upcoming appointments and treatments.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current trends in spa industry.
- Maintain basic Spa knowledge of the following: Spa operating hours, spa menu location, pricing, fees and charges for all spa services that the massage therapist performs, and check-in and check-out procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of retail brands, services and special promotions available in the Spa.
- Maintain working knowledge of Spa equipment and facilities that the massage therapists typically uses throughout their work shift.
- Promote and sell spa services including retail offerings related to the Spa.
- To assist in manning the lobby Spa promotional desk and Recreation desk when available
- Follow Saray Spa treatment standards and ensure consistency at all times
- Assist in maintaining supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- To be trained and assist in spa booking process including Spa Soft and Micros
- Provide assistance to the Receptionist whenever available or not booked for a treatment. To assist in manning the Reception area by receiving calls as well as incoming guests when free
- Assist in marketing and selling the spa at the pool deck, lobby desk and Executive Lounge as required
- As the hotel operates 24 hours, 7 days a week, any reasonable requests by your managers must be honored including schedule changes
- Set up workstation and/or treatment room with necessary products, equipment, and supplies.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools (e.g. hot stones, etc.) and equipment (e.g. steamers, etc.).
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift.
- Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Dispose of trash and dirty linens in the proper area.
- Evaluate equipment to assess proper functioning and report deficiencies.
- Help promote teamwork
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Follow Brand Standards at all times
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Escort all guests to changing rooms, relaxation, or next appointment.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to promote a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Practice universal health care protocol while dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Make sure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance