Sales Executive - Corporate (Arabic Speaker)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19074361
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
As the local, on property sales contact for customers, the Sales Executive (Corporate) is responsible for assisting the Director of Corporate Sales, researching business opportunities, managing projects and proactively soliciting new business across all segments of the business including Corporate, Social, Group, Catering . Along with the hotel other members of property sales team, manages group/catering opportunities from corporate companies, associations. Actively up sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is confirmed properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery.
The 1608 room JW Marriott Marquis is the company’s flagship property within the region. With over 14 outstanding food & beverage outlets and over 4000 sq m
of convention space. The business is
sourced from the local, national and international arenas. A knowledgeable, well-connected,
highly motivated Senior Sales Manager will be critical to the success of Hotel.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT / CANDIDATE PROFILE
- JW Marriott Marquis Dubai
- 1608 Guest Rooms & Suites
- 5 Star
- 40,000 square metres of Banqueting & Meeting space
- Extensive restaurants, bars & business centre
- No direct reports
- Annual Projected Revenue
Responsible for developing a working knowledge of all departments in the hotel and their dependence and interaction with the Sales Department. Responsible for learning how to drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience. Learn to proactively prospect for the target customer of the property (e.g., group, catering, business travel, leisure travel). Learn proficiency in using Marriott’s Customer Focused Sales Call Process and the skill of closing the sale through training and trial. Gain understanding of property revenue goals and how to achieve personal and team related revenue goals. Learn how personal sales and service contribution affect the total hotel’s success. Provide service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of Marriott International, across the enterprise. Learn how to partner effectively with Event Operations to maximize the customer experience of the property
- Sales & Admin experience, ideally in the International market and ability to demonstrate strong client relationships in the corporate driving corporate catering and corporate group business. Solid sales & account management skills are essential, with a strong knowledge of corporate market and business trends. A good researcher, negotiator and client focused approach is required. The candidate should be able to show strong knowledge of constructing and executing sales & client action plans. There should be excellent communication (verbal & written) skills, confident presentation ability and a second language would be an advantage. Direct sales experience is essential (including skills in dealing with travel/event decision makers), with experience in the group/banqueting sales market a desirable asset.
- Report writing & project management skills
- A strong knowledge of luxury, upscale & deluxe hotels
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
- Excellent selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can effectively up sell products and services; can bring a sale to closure
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of the hotel & company pricing policies, as well as negotiation guidelines
- Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
- Knowledge of food and beverage forecasting and attrition (Catering focused)
- Knowledge of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Strong customer and development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of group, extended stay and transient business
- Understands revenue management functions and account profitability
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Understanding of Travel Click / Hoteligence 360.
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including Delphi, Opera, Fidelio, SFA, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Hospitality Management Degree beneficial
- Hotel sales & marketing related courses
Excellent management skills, including goal
setting, review, coaching, training and communication. The ability to be a strong figurehead within
the hotel and lead by example. Ensure
that there is effective communication to both the customer and fellow
Associates. To ensure that all proactive
sales support, reactive sales & event management are given the correct
information and leadership to ensure that they can carry out their roles.
Balanced Scorecard Results: Supports strategies and conducts activities to drive market share, guest satisfaction and financial results.
- Sales and Marketing: Focuses on building the unit’s top line revenue by proactively soliciting and managing group/catering related opportunities. Up sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Achieves individual and team sales goals to enable business success.
- Guest Satisfaction: Ensures sales information provided to Event Management is accurate, complete and timely and enables units to meet or exceed guest expectations. Continuously focuses on improving guest satisfaction to create customer loyalty and increase market share.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Global Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
- Plays a proactive part in the Sales Strategy Meeting and is aware of selling requirements, restrictions and actions stemming from this meeting.
- Responds to incoming corporate group/catering opportunities for the hotel that are outside parameters of the Event Booking Center (MSO). Handles all opportunities if hotel does not participate in an MSO.
- Proactively identifies, qualifies and solicits new corporate opportunities business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Ensures that the correct contracts and administration are completed and filed in an orderly fashion, to give quick access to client information.
- Utilizes SFA to manage sales & account relationships, as well as group/banqueting bookings. Ensure that information is correct, up to date and the database is current.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Effectively develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Effectively manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotel occupancy.
- Effectively use sales resources and administrative/support staff.
- Conducts site inspections.
- Creates contracts as required.
- Works with the Revenue Management Team to ensure that correct tracking data is collected and recorded.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management and Hotel Operations Team.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Reviews meeting planner results to understand level of guest satisfaction; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Has a clear understanding of current health & safety regulations and licensing laws.