At Your Service Agent - Arabic Speaker (Open Day)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19073907
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Serve as the main point of contact for all guest requests and needs, including answering calls, dispatching requests and following up to ensure satisfaction with result. Be involved in all front office related projects and duties when required.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – 0
Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months with a great deal interpersonal skills and physically fit.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- OPERA, GXP, Microsoft Office, AVAYA and other related operating systems
- Flexible and ability to work around the clock
- Bachelor/ Diploma in Hospitality or related categories
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Attend to each call in a courteous and efficient manner, using correct telephone etiquette according to the Marriott International standards.
- Dispatch appropriate personnel to satisfy guest requests and resolve guest issues.
- Maintain a log of all guest requests as well as guest response. Information should include:
- Guest name, room number and folio number
- Service request issue
- Time of call
- Agent name
- Action taken / resolution
- Follow up information, including final status
- Maintain and be familiar with a directory of information within the hotel and local area information.
- Local hotels , address, telephone and fax numbers
- Travel agencies, Airlines, Car rentals, Taxi and limousine services
- Money exchanges, Bank and automated teller machines (ATMS)
- Local restaurants, hours, type of food , price
- Local attractions, hours, prices
- Houses of worships, hours of services
- Shopping facilities, Government offices, Emergency numbers
- Record the guest’s name and room number under the wake up time requested. Repeat this information to the guest to ensure proper handling of wake up calls in the morning. Set wake up clock or input as request as they come in.
- Maintain a handover log for the next shift, e.g. VIP arrivals, in- house, extra care, car exceptions, noting any services that are pending to ensure follow up, etc.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests are pending issues.
- Be fully conversant with OPERA, GXP and AVAYA operation system.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management.
- Be aware of emergency procedures according to hotel policies & procedures and follows Supervisor/Manager’s instructions.
- Be familiar with all job aids, policies and procedures related to Front Office operations.
- Be aware of PCI compliance according to Marriott standards.
- Be Flexible to work various shifts around the business needs to assist all front office sections.
- Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Be proactive in your job, giving proper handover to other colleagues/department head and to follow through.
- Showing positive attitude and inculcating the same within the team members.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
Maintain cleanliness and neatness of work area.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.