Guest Relations Admin - Open Day
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19073891
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To be fully responsible for the smooth and efficient arrival and departure planning of all guests. Responsible for pre-arrival communication for VIPs and Penthouse bookings. Prepares for all VIP arrivals and departures and meet & greets. Proactively ensures guests’ needs are met and exceeded at all times. Rresponsible for admin daily tasks, completion for check lists, pre-arrival and post arrival to manage and effective distribution to ensure proper resolution of any guest concerns.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Customer services/contact.
- Hotel/hospitality experience especially in the Middle East will be an added value
- Communication skills
- Computer literate; MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point & knowledge of Opera and Marsha is mandatory
- MS Office, English language (written and spoken)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Prepare for VIP arrivals for the current day and also tomorrow
- Assign room and place OOS the day prior depending on the guest preferences and hotel inventory
- Ensure all welcome packs are completed
- Ensure all pre-arrival communication information is updated in Opera
- Ensure amenities are in the room prior to guests arrival
- Merge profiles to ensure missing stay's with Marriott rewards are reduced
- Controlling Rooms Division amenities
- Communication with IRD to ensure timely delivery of amenities
- Using Micros system to place orders
- Controlling costs by tracking amenity consumption
- Provide hotel management a condensed informative document regarding the VIP's for today and tomorrow
- Maintain strong positive relationships with Housekeeping and Engineering regarding VIP rooms
- Daily communication with IRD providing amenity forecasts.
- All emails are read, understood and actioned.
- Traces are used in Opera; placing them for follow up, resolving them once completed
- Ensuring Executive Committee members are aware of VIPs and coordinating personalized requests and communication
- Providing internal communication through effective handover's
- Preparing and utilizing Coversheets ensuring all guest information is included
- Assigning VIP status, organizing amenities and providing pre-arrival communication for Long Stay bookings
- Assigning VIP status, organizing amenities and providing pre-arrival communication for Repeat guests on their milestone stay
- Ensure ETA's are gained for all bookings through pre-arrival communication to ensure a smooth arrival experience
- Update Manager On Duty issues into guest Opera profiles ensuring all information is retained for future stay's
- Silver Marriott Reward members are highlighted, prepared for and also courtesy call completed to ensure maximum satisfaction
- Preferences identified for Thoughtful gestures to be completed
- Highlight, prepare and oversee the arrival experience for 2 and 3 bedroom suite bookings, ensuring all team members are aware
- Initiate and Involve in additional projects and duties as assigned by leaders and ensure the tasks are done within the deadline
- Complete any additional tasks assigned by Managers / supervisors or team leaders efficiently in order for smooth functioning of the department
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.