Valet Cashier - Open Day
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19073887
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily cashier , Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Count float at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – 0
- Hotel experience is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience working within a similar role in a 5star environment preferred
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Outgoing personality and outstanding guest service skills.
- Ability to use Opera, Micros & MARSHA System and other operating systems
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and working to deadline skills
- Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, Have knowledge of hotel rates, package and discounts.
- Attend the shift briefing, daily 15 minutes training and front office monthly meeting.
- To ensure a quick, efficient and friendly payment process for all paid parking system. Ensuring that their details are entered onto the computer correctly and efficiently to the Brand Standards
- Be flexible according to the business needs.
- Be fully aware of hotel credit policy and procedures and ensure that it’s adhered at all time.
- Be knowledgeable and promote the Marriott rewards program.
- Keep yourself informed with all VIP arrivals.
- Be flexible in regard to work schedule.
- Strive to represent Marriott in the most professional manner at all times.
- Ensure that all guests are communicated with the credit policy and procedures upon check-in.
- Take initiative through empowerment to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Be fully aware of safety and emergency procedures.
- Handle mail and messages properly and on confidential basis.
- Know how to follow all hospitality guidelines and daily service basics.
- Assist a fellow associates in their Job to ensure that all are done on time.
- Use your Opera and other systems password with discretion. Log off the terminal when leaving the area.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or supervisor on duty.
- Be familiar with the AM, PM and night check list to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Ability to communicate with all managers, supervisors and fellow associates.
- Be aware of the Marriott brand standards and follow the thoroughly.
- Ensure that daily banking procedures are followed and performed as per the standards.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.