Concierge Agent - Open Day
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19073883
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To welcome and escort our Guests, ensure that their luggage is handled as per brand standards of Marriott International, focus on ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represent concierge department in resolving any guest or hotel related situation. Maintain the flow of guest traffic and direct guests within the Lobby.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – 0
- Similar experience, Traffic Management, local knowledge.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing), Innovative, Pro-active and reliable, Outgoing personality and outstanding guest service skills.
- Knowledge of local area, local attractions, entertainment and landmarks
- Hotel knowledge, Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service
- Excellent telephone etiquette ,Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and working to deadline skills
- Higher Secondary Education.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Welcome all guests with a smile and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- 15/5 rule is followed by own self and all associates for all guests interactions.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet , bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedure and events.
- Attend the shift briefing, daily 15 minutes training and front office monthly meeting.
- Check concierge area for cleanliness, loiters, clean desk, stationary, transportation revenue and other as required by operation.
- Brief associates for the shift and planned break times for the day based on operations.
- Keeps knowledge of all guest requests waiting and resolved by agents and converses and escalate with guest for an exempted waiting time.
- Interacts with guest, understands requirements and assist accordingly.
- Personally takes initiative to involve issues relevant to concierge operations.
- Conduct familiarization tour for new joiners and there training matrix follow ups.
- In depth knowledge of service notes, brand standards and hotel property for all queries.
- Takes high care of any guests property that is been handled by the concierge associates.
- Maintains brand ethics at concierge by being well groomed at all times.
- Maintains accuracy of break timings and serve themselves as a role model for others
- Takes initiative through empowerment, ensures guests satisfaction and conducts briefing as and when requested.
- Be familiar with local area and location of company offices, banking institutions, Shopping malls, Restaurants, etc.
- Be fully aware of all safety and emergency procedures.
- Be security conscious at all times, inform manager of anything suspicious.
- Reports any accidents immediately to the management.
- Perform any reasonable request as directed by management.
- Actively participate in the Quality improvement process.
- Maintain close working relationships with other departments.
- Be confidential and respect the privacy of our Guests.
- Is informed about all transportation request of the day.
- Attending events briefing with Valet, concierge and leadership.
- Ensures availability of stationaries and there usage regularity for all guest interactions.
- Keeps informed Concierge Desk / Duty Manager for any incident.
- Report to work on time in proper, clean uniform with name tag.
- Personal appearance & grooming must confirm with standard.
- Be knowledgeable about hotel procedures and check all bulletins for information.
- Be flexible with regards to work schedule.
- Have Knowledge about city and local attraction to answer any guest query.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Adheres to the compliance of booking high risk activities, tours, and transport to those contracted by the hotel and follows Marriott Verbiage if any other requests made by guest directly for other companies.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name at all times.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 20 pounds without assistance.