Assistant Front Desk Manager - Open Day
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19073857
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Manage all front desk operations and ensure that all front desk associates adhere to policies, procedures, regulations and standards presented by hotel management. Ensuring that front desk operation runs smoothly in a professional manner at all times. Perform all front desk related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required. Perform duty manager related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required. Ensure all front desk agents have a clear expectations set to prioritize their responsibilities. Serve as BSA Champion for the Front Office Department. Ensure appropriate and adequate training of all front desk associates and supervisors including all on-the-job, off-the-job and 15min training
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 2
- Titles of Direct Reports – Front Desk Agent/Team Leader & Supervisor
- Adequate experience in a similar supervisory position within front office department minimum 3 years within high volume 4 or 5 star hotel.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Problem Solving and Complain Handling
- Development, Coaching and Training skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Opera/Marsha/IMS/GXP/Microsoft office and other systems knowledge
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
- Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai products and services.
- Be fully aware of the Marriott Brand standard compliance requirements for all front office sections.
- Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
- Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
- Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
- Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front desk associates.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
- Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
- Have thorough knowledge of operational requirements for the front desk area.
- Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
- Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, GXP and other front office related operational software.
- Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations
- Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify Housekeeping discrepancies.
- Support and practice Empowerment within front office
- Ensure that each associate has a development plan and trained accordingly
- Be able to work various shifts around the business needs to assist all front office sections.
- Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
- Ensure that LEARN and 5W’s methods are followed whilst dealing with constructive guest feedback and ensure that all concerned application are filled and concerned departments are informed
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
- Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
- Assuring that all front desk associates are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
- Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards.
- Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
- Identify guest service shortages and recommend improvements accordingly.
- Ensure all front desk associates have a clear guidelines and direction to perform their daily duties
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
- Be flexible according to the business need
- Have an excellent approach to customer service
- Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
- At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week