Laundry Shift Leader - Open Day
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19073848
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Ensure proper cleaning of linen, terry and guest clothing items and uniforms. To obtained the highest possible and balanced Brand Standard audit certification and departmental productivity.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - variable
- Titles of Direct Reports – Laundry Attendant, Uniform Room Attendant, Tailor
- Having an experience in similar position for at least 24 months with a great Interpersonal skills and good level of knowledge of the Laundry Department.
- Strong Communication skills in English (verbal, listening, writing
- An effective Team Player in a team based environment
- Effective time management skills.
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Good level of English essential
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- To supervise the day to day operation of the laundry and uniform room sections.
- To check the quality of processed guest laundry and dry cleaning work to ensure optimum quality of work.
- Supervise cleanliness of laundry and uniform room areas and its equipment.
- Ensure that proper maintenance is done on all laundry and uniform room section.
- Supervise appearance and good manners of staff during the operation.
- Eliminate work hazards to personnel, check on safety and fire regulation.
- Ensure that washing formulas, methods and procedures are obtained.
- Ensure regular appraisal of staff performance.
Marriott Confidential and Proprietary Information
- Responsible for rotating staff within all sections of the laundry for covering all jobs.
- Responsible for the training of the new employees.
- Responsible for ongoing on the job training within the department.
- Capable of doing the work of any worker within the department in case of shorts or busy periods.
- To record the daily production reports for the laundry supervisor for the monthly production report.
- To maintain an adequate stock of chemicals for the laundry operation.
- The ability to transfer personnel from one section to another and when needed.
- To handle telephone calls professionally and courteously with a helpful attitude to the guest and staff.
- The ability to respond properly to any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To be able to post all laundry charges to Micros.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Laundry Supervisor.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
Marriott Confidential and Proprietary Information
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.