Housekeeping Supervisor - Open Day
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19073841
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
To ensure the maximum comfort to the guest’s stay, by maintaining and supervise an efficient cleaning and servicing operation to bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors and service areas; to make sure that the Public Areas are maintained to the Hotel standard; to carry out and supervise the training of all associates to encourage their growth; to help the Housekeeping Leadership Team to manage the department in the most cost-effective way in line with agreed budgets and Company policies.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – Variable
- Titles of Direct Reports – Housekeeping Shift Leader, Special Projects & General Cleaning Attendant, HK Coordinator, HK Room Attendant, HK Room Attendant – Self Inspector, HK Coordinator – Admin Support, HK Intern, Laundry Supervisor, Laundry Shift Leader, Laundry Valet – Linen Attendant, Uniform Room Attendant, Tailor
- Housekeeping leadership work experience (Team Leader, Shift Leader or equal positions) for a minimum of 2 years
- Strong Communication skills in English (verbal, listening, writing)
- An effective Team Player in a team based environment
- Effective time management skills.
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Able to do shift work
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1. To be able to conduct departmental opening up / closing down procedures according to shift allocation. When necessary
2. To supervise the work of the room attendants and all supervisors providing assistance and support and taking corrective measures should the standard of work deviate from the set standards.
3. To ensure any V.I.P or special requirements are provided and are ready for guests on arrival. To check all V.I.P Bedrooms.
4. To check public areas and to offer help where needed, to make sure that the cleaning is to the hotel standard.
5. To assist with the deep cleaning of public areas and to help in the floor care
6. To help to oversee with the Supervisors the coordination of training and orientation on all housekeeping associates, Maintaining training records, Training focus sheets and updating accordingly and assisting in the measure of the hotel standards.
7. To attend or hold training sessions when required
8. To assist with standard bedroom checks at all levels including team leaders
9. To carry out Brand Standard checks within the department
10. To provide assistance, support and training to all levels of Housekeeping team taking corrective measures should the standard of work deviate from the hotel standards.
11. To assist with all team members 1on1 meetings and staff appraisals
12. To assist in building and maintaining an efficient team of staff by taking an active interests in their welfare health safety training and development.
13. To assist in maintaining discipline within department.
14. To assist in the stock taking of all linen and equipment etc. at regular intervals, preparing the results highlighting any shortages or surpluses and undertaking remedial action where appropriate
15. To assist in monitoring departmental costs whilst using resource effectively and economically to ensure expenses are kept to a minimum.
16. To liaise with the maintenance department regularly to ensure that all faults, defects and minor paint repairs are carried out promptly and report more major difficulties to the Chief Engineer, immediately.
17. To assist organize and supervise deep-cleaning and special cleaning Curtains, Carpets of all areas under jurisdiction as required, to maintain the very highest of standard.
18. To be aware of the work specification of all outside contractors and to liaise with contracting companies as required.
19. To assist in the selection of equipment, products and services as necessary
20. To assist and advise on the installation or changing departmental systems or procedures and to ensure all departmental practices and procedures to be confident in their implementation.
21. To assist with the recruitment and section of department employees.
22. To assist in the preparation of weekly Rotas and wages (Forecast, actual)
23. To assist the office coordinator to ensure cost effective staffing levels and usage of supplies, and to be fully conversant with relevant accounting procedures and records keeping
24. To ensure all requests from guests are carried out.
25. To be fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical. To be aware of and adhere to the health and safety Regulations and to ensure that these are complied with at all times.
26. To be aware of all current Company and Departmental Policies and Procedures, ensuring these are adhered to at all times.
27. To attend all Statutory Training, Job Training Sessions and Communication Meetings.
28. To provide a high level of customer care, anticipating any potential areas for guests dissatisfaction and taking appropriate action to prevent this
29. To ensure any guest complaints are investigated and rectified to the guest’s satisfaction immediately. Any serious complaints should be referred to Executive Housekeeper/ Director of Services for his or her attention.
30. To maintain a cheerful and polite Attitude to our guests and colleagues at all times and to use the guests name if known.
31. To ensure all departmental practices, policies and procedures to be confident in their implementation and assist in the necessary modification of any as requested
32. To ensure that all room attendants hand over all lost property as soon as it is found and that it is recorded according to the hotel standard
33. Attends meetings and training sessions/ courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your line manager.
34. To take correct action in the event of a fire. Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow the hotel evacuation procedures up on hearing the alarm
35. Familiarizes yourself with your departmental service performance & product standards and to be able to demonstrate their application consistently.
36. Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
37. Follows all procedures set up for the protection of the environment within the hotel and grounds.
38. To relive the Office coordinator and Floor supervisor whenever is needed
39. To carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Executive Housekeeper/ Director of Services or Hotel Management
40. To relive the Office coordinator and Floor supervisor whenever is needed
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).