PR & Communication Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19073113
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location W Barcelona, Placa de la Rosa dels Vents 1, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
JOB SCOPE SUMMARY
The PR Manager will have the primary responsibility of designing and executing the hotels communication strategy to guarantee the brand positioning and the continuous visibility of W Barcelona and its outlets in national and international media according to the hotels business objectives. Next to the local implementation of press events in collaboration with the brand and operational teams, the position is accountable for the handling and liaison of press relations and influencers, creating local PR stories and managing the local PR agency. A strong knowledge of PR and its key media contacts, new trends within music, fashion and design and creative thinking are crucial for this position.
- Develop full-year communications strategy to support the hotel’s overall business objectives, strengthen its positioning and drive sales of its core business, B&F outlets and Bliss Spa.
- Work with Area / EAME and Global PR professionals to develop press-worthy content for the national and key feeder markets. Ensure all content is on brand and aligned with the Divisional communications plan.
- Proactively source innovative PR opportunities and collaborations to promote the hotel’s news and senior/brand spokespersons via high-profile media interviews.
- Define core messages of the hotel and its outlets, develop press materials and brief spokespersons in preparation for media interviews.
- Work on a daily basis with local and international PR agencies, creating and facilitating the hotels press materials
- Maintain and strengthen the relationships with top-tier travel / trade, consumer lifestyle and local influencers, securing their attendance to the hotels events.
- Represent the hotel as media spokesperson.
- Act as main contact for crisis communications.
- Assist the Director of Marketing in the development of the yearly marketing plan and its budget preparation.
- Support the Director of Marketing in the coordination, promotion and execution of W Happenings and events. Work with 3rd party partners to explore events/happenings and promotion.
- Work closely with the W Insider and Operations Teams to ensure handling of any high profile media trips, VIP outreach and management.
- Coordinate the development of W Insider’s media exposure and content.
- Supervises all photo shoots and filming on property and communicate consistently with W Brand and Divisional PR networks.
- Provide weekly press results and bi-monthly evaluation of media exposure and public relation activities in collaboration with press office, including performance of campaigns along with return on investment statistics.
- Leverage best practices in marketing, promotions, marketing operations and reporting within Starwood’s global field marketing community and W brand marketing
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Marketing and/or PR experience (2 - 3 years preferable)
- Leadership skills and project management.
- Experience managing external agencies (e.g. press, media, creative)
- Skilled in innovative copywriting and editing.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure and exert lateral leadership.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Event management experience is an advantage.
- Knowledge of local & international market, current trends in Music, Fashion, Design, Entertainment and Travel.
- Knowledge of social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and emerging channels)
- Advanced computer skills and detailed knowledge of various computer programs, including a strong proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
BS required, preferably in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism and/or Business.
Excellent written and spoken Spanish & English are a must. Fluency in Catalan and one additional European Language (preferably German or French) is an advantage.
Two to three years in public relations/ advertising/ marketing industries.
Licenses or Certificates
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.