Jun 14, 2019Job Number
Sales and MarketingLocation
Preston Marriott Hotel, Garstang Road, Preston, Lancashire, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAPBrand
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW MarriottSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
Why Work For Us:
In addition to the benefits you would expect being part of a brand of our calibre, you will also be offered:
- A unique opportunity to be part of an award winning international brand where we celebrate your unique talent
- Part of Marriott International, the largest hospitality brand in the world- this means national and internal promotion opportunities for the right candidates. The sky is your limit here
- World class training and development programmes tailored to enhancing your skills and help you grow within the Marriott family.
- Work alongside some amazing talent- award winning, experienced hospitality professionals
- Discounted room nights, meals, and spa access-because your well being means so much
- Access to fabulous and flexible benefits to help you in and out of work- including health and life assurance
- Access to major high street discounts so you can treat your friends and family as required
Preston Marriott Hotel:
The Preston Marriott Hotel is a grand Victorian manor house which sits in landscaped gardens and exudes charm and warmth from the moment you arrive. It situated just off the M6 motorway on the outskirts of the city and it easily accessible by car and it is also on a main public transport route. It is the perfect location for business and leisure and has a focus on culinary excellence with our Brew Bar and Cast Iron Bar and Grill. It also has fully equipped fitness centre and swimming pool with relaxing Beauty Salon with treatment rooms.
Perform general office duties to support Sales & Events team (e.g., filing, sending emails, typing, faxing, copying). Prepare sales-related documents throughout the sales process (e.g., proposals, contracts, or banquet event orders). Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Gather materials and assemble information packages (e.g., brochures, promotional materials). Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Enter, retrieve, reconcile, and verify information (e.g., commissions, leads, third parties) in software involved in the sales process. Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events). Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.