Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001HAL
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard Prague Airport, Aviaticka Street 1092/8, Prague, Czech Republic, Czech Republic VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
As the local, on property sales/catering contact for customers, the Sales Manager is responsible for proactively soliciting and managing transient and group/catering-related opportunities not handled by EBC. Actively upsells each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Achieves personal and hotel/team revenue goals. Provides service to our customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of the company. Manages client database and actively searches for new opportunities in order to maximize revenue in contract, special corporate, corporate group and other group segments for the hotel. Supervision of two direct reports – Event Executive and Sales Coordinator including their development, evaluation of their performance, planning of their shifts and holidays etc.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Market Opportunities & Driving Revenue
· Targets transient, contract and group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
· Responds or supervises response to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are outside parameters of the Event Booking Center.
· Identifies, qualifies and solicits new transient and group/catering business to achieve personal and property’s revenue goals.
· Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
· Develops effective sales plans and actions.
· Helps to designs, develop and sell creative catered events.
· Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
· Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
· Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
· Partners with Cluster Shared Services such as Event Booking center, Reservations and Revenue Management on business decisions
· Effectively manages direct reports
· Provides support to Director of Sales as requested and needed by business
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
· Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
· Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
· Supports brand’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
· Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
· Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.
· Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand.
· Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
· Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to the property and brand.
· Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Building Successful Relationships
· Works collaboratively with above-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
· Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
· Conducts site inspections.
· Creates and updates contracts as required.
· Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
· Regular control of changes in business production and pick-up to maximize business opportunities and minimize risk – S114, Pick-up report
· Understanding and control of P&L and preparation of the monthly revenue and cost critique
· Active attendance at regular multi-departmental meetings (Critique, Credit, Department Head, Strategy)
· Performs Manager on Duty shifts.
· Performs other tasks as assigned by DOS and required by business.