Franchised Sous Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001H91
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Cleveland Downtown, 777 Saint Clair Ave NE, Cleveland, Ohio, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Sage Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
With pride in craftsmanship, respect for Midwest food traditions and local, organic sourcing, Urban Farmer redefines the modern Cleveland steakhouse. Our chefs build personal relationships with local farms, ranches and fisheries, bringing a taste of their dedication to the table and reaffirming the direct connection between land and plate all in a comfortable, stylish ambiance that is at once a tribute to the quaintness of a restored farmhouse and the urbane boldness of mid20th century modernismOur culture at Urban Farmer is extremely important to us. We are looking for someone who values culture as much as we do. We are:
- Collaborative team work is one of our main ingredients to our success!
- Creative in this role, you will have the ability to put forward some of your own creative dishes.
- Accountable we work hard and take responsibility for all that we do.
- Always learning theres plenty of area for learning in the restaurant industry. Especially when it comes to charcuterie!
- Having fun we love team building
- The ideal candidate has experience as a sous chef in a high volume environment for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Butchery and charcuterie skills are preferred but not required. We are looking for someone who is not only great in the kitchen, but someone who can also be a great coach and mentor to other associates. This position will report to the Executive Sous Chef.
Why You Want This Job:
- The City of Cleveland is a thriving city with an amazing art scene
- Low cost of living
- Located on Lake Erie, you have access to tons of water sports
- Great downtown atmosphere lots of microbreweries to check out!
- Fantastic worklife balance
- If this position fits your skillset and you are ready to be a part of a fun and hardworking team, apply today!
Knowledge/Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management. Requires oral and written communication skills.
Requires moderate hearing to communicate with employees and to hear machinery for safety reasons. Requires excellent vision for safety reasons. Requires moderate speech communications to communicate with other employees. Requires excellent comprehension and literacy to be able to read and write as well as analyze to fulfill budget.
Education/Formal Training: High school education or equivalent.
Experience: Experience required by position is from one to two full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
This company is an equal opportunity employer.