Director of Marketing
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001H7Z
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location W London - Leicester Square, 10 Wardour Street, London, Greater London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
The Director of Marketing shapes and drives the hotel’s marketing strategy in close collaboration with the hotel’s operations, Marriott’s PR, Digital, Sales and Brand teams and external agencies and partners to generate awareness, engagement, demand and conversion. He/She manages a team of two marketing executives on property and is an active member of the hotel’s Executive Committee.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience; minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience in the luxury / lifestyle hospitality industry
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Result-driven strategic thinker
- Creative, innovative mind-set
- Strong consumer focus and understanding of the luxury lifestyle market and trends
- Budget management and planning
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
- Develop and implement property-specific innovative strategies including budget considerations, marketing goals, and 360-degree activation plans to support the hotel’s business objectives for each segment (Rooms, F&B, spa)
- Build and maintain excellent relationships between the Marketing department and the PR, Sales, Digital, Revenue, Brand and Operational teams. Ensure goal alignment, efficient communication, and delivery of results.
- Activate the brand passion points on property through a calendar of events, partnerships and content.
- Support and localise global/regional brand campaigns to generate brand awareness and passion in the London/UK market
- Build partnerships with local and international brands and creatives to nurture the brand and broaden exposure
- Supervise Digital Marketing initiatives and campaigns in collaboration with Marriott Digital Teams (Websites optimization, online advertising, demand-generation campaigns, email marketing…)
- Oversee the content and social media strategy
- Develop and update sales material
- Source and manage external marketing agencies as required on a project basis
- Develop and deliver the annual marketing plan and marketing budgets in line with the hotel strategic priorities and revenue target by market segments.
- Conduct performance analysis of past programs/events and adjust strategies accordingly to enhance future initiatives
- Act as a Brand Champion with the hotel teams. Together with the key members and departments, drive brand activation and ensure the brand experience comes alive through the hotel messaging and guest experience.
- Continually measure the performance of marketing associates against goals, motivate them and provide one-on-one coaching to develop them
- Share marketing strategy, activities and performances with key internal stakeholders
Be an active member of the Executive Committee: communicate and embody the company’s culture and business decisions, take part to regular executive meetings, drive internal communication and staff engagement action plans, present initiatives at all-staff meetings, etc.
Presence is necessary when required on evenings and weekends for special events and happenings. Presence is necessary when required on evenings and weekends for special events and happenings. Benefits include private medical health care, meals on duty and laundry.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.