Manager-Members Club (F&B)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001FZ6
Job Category Golf, Fitness, and Entertainment
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, 1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive, Sarasota, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manages the guest experience at the Members Club. The Club Manager leads or assists in all aspects of the Members Golf Club to include Golf Operations, Golf Loss Prevention, and the Golf Food & Beverage function. Functions as a primary operations business leader of the Members Golf Club. Assists in all aspects of the operation, including member and employee engagement, human resources and financial performance. Leads the employees in Loss Prevention and Food & Beverage. Assists with Golf Operations in the implementation of club-wide strategies. Verifies implementation of the brand service strategy and initiatives with the objective of meeting and/or exceeding member expectations
Education and Certification:
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in golf course/club management or a related professional area.
• Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) or Professional Golf Association Certification (or in progress).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Management of Club and Golf Operations
• Maintains a high level of personal integrity and moral conduct free of any questionable association.
• Provides indirect leadership to the Golf Shop professional team to assist in meeting employee engagement goals.
• Creates weekly schedule in partnership with senior leadership to verify all golf andfood and beverage areas are properly staffed.
• Inspires Golf operation team members to continually enhance service levels and execute company service standards.
• Addresses guest, member and member guest complaints and resolves problems immediately.
• Supports golf sales efforts through generating local golf group leads and group amenity sales opportunities.
• Functions as the administrative link between departments.
Managing and Conducting Day-to-Day Golf Club Food and Beverage Operations
• Responsible for the overall day to day service levels for the Golf Clubhouse food and beverage outlet to include the, golf course/beverage cart, comfort stations and locker room.
• Maintains budgeted beverage cost, wage cost, labor productivity, and supports sales efforts to drive top line revenue for food and beverage outlet.
• Builds relationships with key resort teams to include Food and Beverage, Culinary, Meetings & Special Events, and Banquets.
• Verifies all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates any issues regarding food quality and service levels to kitchen and restaurant leadership, and helps resolve accordingly.
• Confirms compliance with all restaurant policies, standards and procedures.
• Administers beverage preparation and production. Verifies that all beverage cost control procedures are followed.
• Complies with and promotes alcohol awareness laws and all other laws and procedures within guidelines established by law and standard operating procedures.
• Inventories par levels of beverage and paper supplies. Establishes methods of inventory control and follows proper ordering procedures for just-in-time purchasing.
• Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Restaurant Supervisor
• Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Attends regular Food and Beverage leadership meetings to verify proper communication and teamwork.
• Provides Leadership to the Club food & beverage outlet team to assist in meeting employee engagement goals.
• Coordinates daily / weekly product requisitions for the food & beverage outlet to include liquor, beer, and all other necessary supplies.
• Supports Beverage Cart team when needed for supplies/daily leadership as necessary.
• Coordinates with Golf leaders to support in house small group outings in the food & beverage outlet.
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
• Monitors all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial & follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
• Participates in on-going facility inspections throughout the club to assure that cleanliness, safety, and other standards are consistently attained.
• Assists the Engineering department in administering fire prevention programs and emergency preparedness.
• Conducts hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
• Complies with applicable laws and safety regulations.
• Follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
• Develops a monthly checklist for all closed circuit television equipment, alarmed doors, and duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
• Incorporates into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
• Follows Duty of Care process for the protection of guests and employees.
• Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well-being of guests and employees.
• Handles complaints, settles disputes, resolves grievances and conflicts, and otherwise negotiates with others.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service (Member and Guest Experience)
• Interacts with guests, residents, members and other patrons on a frequent basis to obtain feedback about their experiences on property; utilizes guest feedback to recognize outstanding employee service performance and improve service delivery; emphasizes and holds leadership team accountable for addressing service failures or potential service failures, and for developing innovative ways to exceed guest expectations; establishes presence in the market by actively promoting an exemplary Club/brand image, involving oneself in the local community, businesses, and guests; anticipates needs of large groups or high profile guests in order to deliver flawless service; verifies that products, services, and events attain the appropriate publicity (“PR buzz”).
• Puts in place systems/processes to monitor compliance with brand standards and verifies brand standards are adhered to.
• Reviews guests/members feedback with leadership team and verifies that appropriate corrective action is taken; responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Stays visible and interfaces with guests/members on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction; develops and implements formal programs to improve social activities.
• Working with the Membership team, assists in the development and drives implementation of all social activities within the club; verifies that the organization is meeting the needs and exceeding expectations of Club members.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
Managing Human Resources Activities
• Verifies that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Operations (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
• Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, leads and participates in daily line-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests/members and employees.
• Incorporates guest/member satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
• Develops criteria to access performance of self and verifies accountability; sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee engagement results to identify and addresses employee problems or concerns; verifies that employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Verifies that property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Champions change, manages the implementation of brand and regional business initiatives and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Creates learning and development opportunities for employees; creates and effectively executes development plans for direct reports based on their individual strengths, development needs, and career aspirations; creates succession plans for future job openings; actively supports the staffing process; verifies effective work processes, systems and teamwork are in place to maximize individual and overall property performance.
• Actively participates in the development of a pipeline of operations talents; develops competent bench strength and recruitment strategy to respond to planned development growth and sustain enterprise performance excellence
• Creates appropriate developmental plans and developing team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations, and abilities.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizing the contributions of team member.