Digital and Social Media Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001F2G
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
The Digital and Social Media Manager will create , execute and manage the company’s Digital and Social Media Strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product adoption through social media platforms and channels. As well as, maintaining and building and managing the social community. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing, PR and eCommerce teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency of tone of voice and cultivating a social media referral network. The Digital and Social Media Manager will also be responsible for training and developing the Content Creator.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, within the sales and marketing department.
- Creates and maintain a content editorial calendar that aggregates the activity of the different areas of the hotel with creativity.
- Regular communications with the social community, via Facebook , Twitter and Instagram.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, writing editorial, community-outreach efforts, promotions, supervising and coaching associates who have been nominated as Social Media champs for their department in the content and tone of voice to adopt.
- Build relationships with Key Bloggers and Media agencies
- Ensure KPI growth on all channels and maintain Klout score over 70
- Plan, set up and execute Social media paid advertising campaigns within the allocated budget
- Liaises with the hotel department heads to send out timely messages via social media channels to the followers based on Hotel needs. Engages and develops interaction from the Followers & Fans at every selling point. E.g. F&B, Rooms, Events and spa.
- Provides a communication channel both for internal and external customers.
- Research and Develop new opportunities within key markets.
- Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing to make sure that all expected communications are in line with Marriott standards and are in line with Marriott.com content.
- Support the Marketing team on a need basis.
Core Work Activities
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Manage social media campaigns including briefing of Social media champions in the activities and expectation of the day.
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities.
- Monitor trends, tools and applications and stay abreast of developments in social media that could support the Hotel activity.
- Develop strategies to increase Facebook, Instagram and twitter Fans & followers.
- Previous experience in Social Media Management and have the ability to engage communities with the written word in a creative way.
- A good understanding of social media, primarily with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, having the knowledge and passion to pursue/explore new mediums to engage social media with.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and practicality of technology and it’s up to the moment application.
- Video editing capabilities.
- Advanced skills with social media management applications.
- Possesses excellent writing skills, writing for twitter is essential.
- Strong social skills and comfortable at holding conversations at all levels.
- Good organization skills.
- Determined, tenacious, like to experiment, thinking out of the box is a must.
- Passionate about social media.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in written English.
- Ability to create great working relationships with all levels of the hotel and across multiple disciplines.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.