Franchised Front Desk Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001EK5
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Auburn Marriott Opelika Resort & Spa at Grand National, 3700 Sunbelt Parkway, Opelika, Alabama, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.pchresortscareers.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Responsible for Front Desk daily operations and supervision of related Front Office areas including Bell Staff, Switchboard and Concierge/Guest Services.
- Position directs and works with associates to carry out guest arrival and departure procedures.
- Strives to ensure guest and associate satisfaction and achieve the operating budget.
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Strong consensus building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Effective change management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of front desk operational procedures
- Working knowledge of Bell Stand, Switchboard operations and Concierge/Guest Services operational procedures
- Working knowledge of reservation procedures and related systems
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and safety standards (OSHA, EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
- Effective influence skills
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Good negotiation skills
- Good presentation and platform skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Good training/facilitator skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.