Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001EJD
Job Category Administrative
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Manhattan/Central Park, 538 W. 58th Street, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, M and R Hotel Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Administers, directs, and controls the operations of the Hotel. Accountable for achieving budgeted revenues/profits while maintaining the operational and service standards prescribed by M&R Hotel Management.
- If available, trains associates in the various departments how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities while in accordance with established objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Keep open communication between managers and associates.
- Has full knowledge and understanding of our companys handbook, SOPs and processes; Adheres to and enforces those in a fair and consistent manner.
- Strict adherence and enforcement of our code of business conduct. Provides disciplinary action when, and/or, if necessary.
- Provides associates with the tools they need to perform their jobs. Takes immediate actions on problems that are encountered in the Hotel.
- Participates and conducts Weekly Leadership Team meetings, property MOD program, and weekly staff meetings. Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Ensures the proper recruiting, interviewing, screening, reference checking, and hiring procedures are followed.
- Ensures accurate records of necessary federal, state, and local reports as required by the applicable laws, franchise SOPs, and M&R SOPs.
- Ensures accurate records and reports all OSHA information required by law.
- Responsible for generating annual hotel budget and monitors period profit and loss statement. Monitors department salary and hourly wage structure.
- Interviews and hires new personnel as last interview in process. Evaluates assigned staff performance on a, ninety day, and annual basis.
- Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the M&R Hotel Management. Learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Project enthusiastic, optimistic, and helpful attitude.
- Assist other Leadership Team members and/or managers when needed.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the M&R Hotel Management Handbook.
- Monitor service trends by speaking with guests and reviewing written guest comment cards and guest tracking information to ensure brand and M&R Hotel Management service standards are achieved.
- Resolve all service issues via written communication or phone calls to the complete satisfaction of hotel customers.
- Recognize associates for demonstrating outstanding service initiative with guests and fellow associates. Ensures Manager follows up on billing problems.
- Understand competitive market conditions and communicate this information with the Director of Sales and Revenue
- Participate in developing hotels direct sales plan/pricing strategy. Ensure group-meeting arrangements are completed and executed.
- Investigate lost or turndown business.
- Represent the hotel in the market ant develop relationships with key accounts. Review inventory control and selling strategy daily.
- Oversee comp rooms and charity donations inquiries. Ensure budgeted revenues and profits are achieved. Ensure accounting policies are in place.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Ensure meal service meets proper food handling sanitation requirements.
- Responsible for sanitation standards via monthly inspections of 25 guest rooms, public areas, grounds, storage/work areas and all kitchen areas.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance programs are completed on schedule and meet brand and M&R Hotel Management quality standards.
- Responsible for management systems - i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and restaurant micros system.
- Assist Engineering Manager by planning redo projects; determine recommended scope for work outside of the general redo; resolve redo related problems with Engineering Manager.
- Assist in development of requests and budgets for CAPEX; complete MSRs; ensure CAPEX projects have proper authorization.
- Review invoices for major projects; resolve problems as necessary
- Solicit and review bids for improvement projects; secure approval of funds.
- Work to resolve legal issues related to standard warranty process for building damage.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business Degree,
- Equivalent experience is acceptable.
- 7 -10 years as a General Manager with MARRIOTT
- Must have New York City experience
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets. Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.