Franchised Assistant Front Office Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001EJ6
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa, 5480 Grand Pacific Drive, Carlsbad, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at www.thewestincarlsbad.com/jobs-and-careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Azul Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Oversee the daily operations of the Guest Services Departments. Ensure that staff meets hotel standards for maximum guest satisfaction. Act as the main contact for guests and other hotel departments in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
1. Ensure Front desk is following the WELCOME process, have proper understanding of Marriott BONVOY membership, use of the 10/5 rule, check- out process is efficient, and telephone prop. Observe front desk agents and ensure that established procedures are completed in accordance with policy and procedure, (i.e. proper public relations techniques are utilized, guests are handled both courteously and professionally. Proper identification, input of personal information, and credit are established and all posting, rate schedules, packages, cash transactions, account settlements and deposits are handled correctly).
2. Ensure that their duties are completed in accordance with established policy and procedure, i.e., proper public relations techniques are utilized, calls are handled both courteously and professionally stating first name, calls are answered in a timely manner and the proper greetings are used, messages and faxes are handled correctly and efficiently, guest complaints and problems are handled in a courteous and professional manner, and ensure follow through, Guest and Associate requests are input into GPX, follow up calls are made to guest and time of tasks completed.
3. Oversee the completion of training for the departments (Front Desk, PBX, Bell, Marketplace and Corporate Lounge Attendant). Direct and assist staff in organizing breaks, ensuring that all work is completed efficiently and according to schedule. Monitor all checklists making sure they are being completed correctly and in a timely fashion.
4. Assist with overseeing the Bell Department in absence of the Captains. Check Lounge and ensure open and closed on time as well as operated efficiently.
5. Lead by example by arriving at workplace on time with tools and all equipment needed for service as well as ensuring staff follows suit. Review current days expected arrivals and check all VIP and special request reservations to ensure that they are pre-registered, blocked properly and other departments are notified of room assignment. Balance the house and block rooms according to standard. Review the daily room availability and inform staff in Buzz sessions. Check status of departures on a daily basis. Make sure all stock for necessary printing is ordered. Relay all pertinent information to front desk agents, telecommunications, the following shift supervisor, Night Audit, and the Front Office Manager. Ensure Night Audit is processing all tasks correctly and completely. Assist with the Marriott/BONVOY 95% redemptions.
6. Ensure all necessary reports, edited time punches, Daily Department Associate Audits, and forms are completed daily. Track and log all upgrades, call-offs, and guest complaints. Assist in new-hire and termination process. Pre- screen Guest Services applicants, complete reference checks, new hire paperwork, and all associate paperwork for payroll processing. Complete guest accounting with accuracy and ensure skip accounts are completed in a timely manner. Review that cancelation and no-show fees are being completed by night audit. Assist with reviewing department invoices and departmental monthly budget.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Must have excellent customer relations skills and leadership capability.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer relations skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their comparable state and local laws (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Education & Experience
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to Three Years Front Desk Experience required
- One-year Supervisory Front Desk Supervisor Experience required
- Two to Three Years Management Experience preferred
This company is an equal opportunity employer.