Franchised Hotel Service Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001EI7
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Westin San Francisco Airport, 1 Old Bayshore Highway, Millbrae, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Schulte Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Purpose of Role:
Hotel Services Manager will oversee the overall supervision of the Service Express and related departments by developing and maintaining strategies and services which meet the needs of owners, associates and guests. Accountable for leading the team of Rapid Response Agents ensuring all actions and decisions support Schulte, Westin, and Marriott high standards of guest service.
As well assist the guest experience journey and promote a culture that consistently delivers the Westin and Marriott guest brand experience. Through the lens of our Schulte Core Values, the Hotel Services Leader will be the catalyst, champion, and role model for all relationship building touch points with Westin and Marriott guests.
Participate in the development of business strategies which are aligned with the overall objectives of the hotel:
- Help to develop and implement strategies for Service Express that support achievement of the hotel's goals. Monitor status regularly and adjusts strategies as appropriate.
- Help to implement processes and procedures for assigned departments which support achievement of service and financial goals.
- Ensure department handles billing in accordance with hotel's standards and Schulte's, Westin and Marriott's policies/procedures.
- Assist with administrative duties for the department including payroll, scheduling, and forecasting.
- Communicate and reinforce the vision for exceptional service to associates.
- Ensure that associates provide exceptional genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
- Seek opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking guest feedback and reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services.
- Provide associates with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver exceptional service and teamwork.
- Guide associates to resolve guest situations where guests are dissatisfied or experiencing a problem.
- Develop associates' responsibility and understanding of all job duties and standards, thus instilling initiative and accountability and improving level of service and their career development.
- Supervise the department with and fully understand the following
- Answer and direct all external incoming telephone calls.
- Answer all internally generated guest and deliver-related associate calls.
- Dispatch service and delivery to the Service Express Attendants, communicate with security, banquets, engineering, housekeeping and others areas of the hotel to satisfy guest requests.
- Take Room Service orders from guests over the telephone. Enter orders into Micros system. Communicate special instructions to the kitchen and expediters.
- Up-sell Room Service orders.
- Post Room Service charges, settle tickets, complete employee financial and close day procedures.
- Take call-in amenity and hospitality orders and organize/complete deliveries to guests.
- Ensure side work for Service Express Agents is completed on a per shift basis.
- Answer guests' questions and assist them with their needs, ensuring all requests are followed through and completed.
- Handle guests' complaints and take action to resolve problems.
- Accept and relay guests' messages, either manually, written or through voice mail system.
- Take requests for wake-up calls and follow through to ensure guests receive their wake-up call at the requested time.
- Follow all accounting procedures according to guidelines to ensure proper revenues and payment and accounts are received and credited.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all hotel and area events and activities so that guests will receive accurate and prompt information when requested.
- Has extensive knowledge of the Room Service and Beverage Menu and provide guests with further information than what is on the menu.
- Provide a professional and immediate response to guests concerning all menu items and their preparation.
- Greet guests with a cheerful and pleasant voice using guests' names during conversations.
- Ensure delivery of timed orders and other requests at the designated times, following up with delivery and other staff to ensure completion.
- Perform functions of a concierge, their duties and requests, via telephone.
- Respond to emergency situations calmly and effectively, according to hotel guidelines.
- Follow safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate par levels and inventory of supplies and equipment within the department.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as outlined in the Schulte's SOPs.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Provide upscale guest service experiences for clients throughout their stay.
- Ensure clients are properly greeted upon their arrival.
- Ensure Gold, Silver, Platinum, Platinum premiere, Platinum Elite and
- Ambassador Members and Westin Guests receive personalized services.
- Analyze customer feedback from hotel GSS and online reviews and suggest ways to improve ratings.
- Monitor daily bookings and ensure assigned rooms are prepared prior to check-in.
- Coordinate luggage collection and storage.
- Oversee check-in and check-out procedures, including reservations and financial transactions.
- Promptly address guests' requests, like in-room dining.
- Actively listen to and resolve complaints.
- Coordinate and manage communication between guests and staff and follow up.
- Ensure we resolve guest concerns.
- Inform guests of our hotel services, including breakfast and dining options.
- Promote all hotel amenities, conveniences and programs offered.
- Appraise team's performance and produce regular reports.
- Liaise with Housekeeping, Food & Beverage and Executive office to provide an overall comfortable guest experience.
- Examine daily duties, assign tasks and check on progress.
- Recommend local tourist spots, including places to dine, shop and sight-see.
- Establish friendly relationships with regular hotel client.
Job Specific Requirements,
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proven work experience as a PBX Manager, Guest Relations Manager,
- Front Office Manager or similar role.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written and active listening skills.
- Communicate and reinforce the vision for exceptional guest service to the associates.
- Must be proficient in computer skills. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) programs. Must possess basic computational ability
- Must have excellent interpersonal and exceptional organizational, supervisory skills.
- Must be able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups to managers, clients, guests, and ownership.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices.
- Hands-on experience with Hotel Management software (Lightspeed).
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Leadership skills along with the ability to motivate a team into high performance.
- Strong sense of responsibility and a professional presentation.
- Previous hospitality experience and familiarization with hotel procedures and processes.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process to find the best qualified candidates.
- Provide associates with the orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities.
- Communicate performance expectations and provide associates with on-going feedback.
- Provide associates with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives and reach their fullest potential.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.