Franchised Complex Director of Finance
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001EHS
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location The Westin San Francisco Airport, 1 Old Bayshore Highway, Millbrae, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply via email at email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Schulte Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
To safeguard and grow the value of the hotels asset by serving as a business partner, consulting on ways to maximize financial results and directing the accounting department. Plan, direct, and manage the provision of accurate, timely, and objective financial data from which informed management decisions can be made. Safeguard owner assets by creating and maintaining sound internal control systems.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business strategies for the hotels, which are aligned with ownerships overall mission, vision, values and strategies.
- Develop and implement accounting and finance strategies that support achievement of the hotel's goals, monitoring status regularly and adjusting strategies as appropriate. Review and analyze business strategies throughout the hotel to ensure alignment with the hotel's financial objectives.
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with hotel's vendors.
Develop the annual operating and capital budget in conjunction with the General Manager and Executive Committee:
- Work with management to create operating and capital plans.
- Work with management to create operating and capital plans.
- Analyze budget variances and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Direct preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts; establish or recommend to management major economic objectives and policies for Hotel.
- Counsel Management on ways to maximize profits and cash flow.
- Provide management with reports and information that can be used as a basis for improved decision making.
- Support the operation of the hotel by overseeing the purchasing function.
- Coordinate the implementation of the IT systems on-site.
- Responsible for communication between hotel management and owners.
- Maximize cash flow by managing accounts payable and receivables.
- Preparing and filing of tax and license information.
- Providing all internal and external auditors with the information they need and implementing their recommendations.
- Develop controls which are complementary to the delivery of guest satisfaction.
- Articulate policy and audit compliance of cash handling and credit positions.
- Review and maintain accurate files on all contractual obligations.
- Ensure the collection and payment of applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
- Advise management of desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arrange for audits of hotel accounts.
- Recruit and select qualified candidates.
- Provide associates with orientation and training needed to understand expectations and perform job responsibilities.
- Communicate performance expectations and provide associates with on-going feedback.
- Provide associates with coaching and counseling as needed to achieve performance objectives.
- Communicate and reinforce the vision for exceptional service to associates.
- Ensure that associates provide genuine hospitality and teamwork on an ongoing basis.
- Use teamwork to support guests/members and associates.
- Seek opportunities to improve the guest experience by seeking guest feedback, reviewing management reports and developing strategies to improve department and hotel services.
- Provide associates with the tools, training and environment they need to deliver exceptional service and teamwork.
- Work closely with Corporate Accounting and follow all Standard
- Operating Procedures (SOPs) as outlined in the Schulte Hospitality SOPs
- Be a leader and a role model to all associates. Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving -- Fact based, solution oriented; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; possesses an advanced Excel skill set, using it to compile data into statistical overviews and legible graphs, developing such tools as pivot or dynamic tables, macros, graphs, conditional formatting, lookup references and data filters.
- Leadership -- Provides clear, direct and authoritative direction to others; focuses on efficient, accurate and quality results; maintains control of processes and tasks; closely monitors the delegation of tasks to others, ensuring follow through.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Innovation -- Identifies technical problems and develops sound, carefully thought- out solutions. Enhances existing organizational systems and standards. Makes decisions quickly and firmly, within the defined scope of job authority and based on job expertise; delivers high quality and accurate results.
Job Specific Requirements, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process. Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Management experience in a union environment.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.