Franchised Front Desk Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001E12
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, 660 K Street, San Diego, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: www.sandiegogaslamphotel.com/apply
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Stanford Hotel Corporation. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
To serve as the main point of contact for all guest requests and needs by coordinating the response to the guest issue and following up to ensure satisfaction. The agent will rotate between an AYS (At Your Service) Agent and Front Desk Agent during a scheduled shift to handle all incoming and in-house calls via the switchboard, input data into Guest Ware, check guests in and out, and complete all necessary daily checklists.
- Register guests and assign rooms utilizing Property Management System (PMS), confirming pertinent information including number of guests, room rate, etc.
- Log all special requests from guests and internal incidents in Guest Ware; coordinate the accommodation of guest requests as applicable.
- Make appropriate selection of guest rooms based on needs and availability, properly code electronic keys, and provide welcome folders containing keys, certificates, coupons, and all other applicable items dependent upon room type.
- Collect and record various forms of payments from guests to include Marriott Points redemption, vouchers, travelers checks, credit cards, and cash.
- Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator.
- Responsible for maintaining and balancing assigned house bank.
- Post any related charges and adjustments to guest rooms and house accounts using the PMS computer, and complete proper documentation for shift closing.
- Check out guest and close account at time of departure and ensure satisfaction with bill and related services.
- Welcome and greet all guests while managing guests in front of the desk.
- Complete the AM & PM Checklists and communicate with shift manager or MOD if any assigned tasks are not able to be completed.
- Remain current on all hotel procedures, including discounts programs, cancellations and walks, and how to handle each. Promote all current marketing programs to ensure the success for the hotel.
- Prepare wake up sheet by inputting the guests name and room number under the wake-up time requested utilizing Marsha.
- Coordinate all deliveries for guests requests or other delivery needs including, but not limited to, faxes, boxes, luggage, rollaway beds, cribs, frigs, microwaves, etc.
- Notify the proper department for deliveries (ex: faxes & boxes = bell stand, crib & frigs = housekeeping)
- Track all amenities delivered to guest rooms in Guest Ware and on AYS. Tracking Board to maintain an accurate inventory and to ensure recovery upon guest departure.
- Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming/outgoing transmissions
- Assist Bell Staff as needed.
- Answer and relay all incoming calls promptly with-in three rings, using correct phone script.
- Schedule and deliver wake-up calls as requested.
- Handle all emergencies according to established procedures and route to established personnel when necessary, including but not limited to, hotel security, managers and police.
- Handle all functions of the hotel’s switchboard.
- Handle mail and phone messages per outlined procedures.
- A Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be on time to scheduled shifts and attend all scheduled departmental meeting without fail.
- Arrive to each shift with positive attitude and dressed in complete uniform (including name tag).
- Maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance according to company policy.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of all work space and Front-of-House areas.
- Use the guest name at least 3 times in conversation.
- Understand and utilize the LEARN process to solve the guests concern so that the guest leaves 100% satisfied.
- Greet customers with a sincere and friendly welcome.
- Offer the hotel guests the best possible service through clear, courteous and proper phone answering procedures.
- Be an ambassador to the hotel by promoting the hotel, restaurant, lounge, gift shops, etc.
- Understanding of various payment options, check cashing procedures, and a working knowledge of various outlets charging procedures, to better assists the guest.
- Be able to give accurate directions and information to/from regarding the immediate and metro area.
- Ensure any guests that may experience a problem receive an immediate response along with satisfactory resolution, any promised compensation is delivered and all guests receive appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
San Diego Hotel Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. A If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 619-446-6031 to let us know the nature of your request.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.