Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001E0A
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur, 2 Jalan Stesen Sentral, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Malaysia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
An opportunity to join the award winning and talented team at Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur.
Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur is seeking a dynamic, creative and experienced Hotel Manager to lead and inspire the operations teams. The ideal candidate has a successful track record with large and complex Rooms and F&B operations, including Events and Outside Catering. A member of the executive committee, this is a strategic role at a key city hotel that must be able to inspire and lead a culturally diverse team.
The role functions as the strategic business leader of property operations and acts as General Manager in his/her absence. Areas of responsibility include Front Office, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Security/Loss Prevention, Engineering/Maintenance and Event Management. The Hotel Manager will work with direct reports (Executive Committee members and department heads) to develop and implement the operations strategy and ensure implementation of the Le Méridien brand initiatives and service strategy. The role helps ensure associate engagement, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes financial performance. As a key member of the Executive Committee, the Hotel Manager also develops and implements overall property-wide strategies that deliver Le Méridien products and services to meet or exceed the needs of our guests.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 8 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years’ experience in the management operations, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Profitability and Departmental Budgets
• Keeps operations team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Ensures that all operational areas continue with the strong Le Méridien service and culture.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to review and improve how Operations is performing against budget.
• Ensures capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities outlined in the service strategy.
• Works with direct reports to determine areas of opportunity and establishing ways to improve the departments’ financial performance.
• Strives to maintain profit margins without compromising guest satisfaction or employee engagement.
• Identifies and analyses operational challenges and facilitates the development of solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage their Department P&L.
• Develops an operational strategy that is aligned with the Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur business strategy, and leads its execution.
• Makes and executes key decisions to achieve the hotel goals and KPIs.
Managing Property Operations
• Strives to improve service performance and GuestVoice.
• Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding operational goals to produce desired results on a continuous basis.
• Ensures Le Méridien, Area and Regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Ensures core elements of the service strategy are in place to achieve the hotel goals.
• Spends consistent time in Operations and walking the hotel speaking with associates and guests to understand business needs and assess operational opportunities.
Leading Property Operations Teams
• Establishes a vision for product and service delivery at Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur.
• Champions the Le Méridien service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment amongst the property leadership team.
• Ensures associates are treated fairly and equitably.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Observes service culture of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
• Hires operations management team members who demonstrate strong functional expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership to meet the business needs of the hotel.
• Conducts ongoing and annual performance appraisals with direct reports.
• Takes the lead in improves Associate Engagement and utilises an open door policy where all associates feel valued and recognised.
• Stays knowledgeable about leadership talent in the hotel.
• Fosters associate commitment to providing excellent service, participating in daily briefings, and inspires through personal example.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.