Assistant Manager-Event Services
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001DAF
Job Category Event Management
Location Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, 700 Aliceanna Street, Baltimore, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Entry level management position that assists in leading the catering service staff while personally assisting in the set up of the function rooms (e.g., tables, chairs, dance floors, podiums, etc.) based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates expected performance and trains staff in processes. Assists in managing financial and administrative duties.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Management of Event Services and Operations
• Ensures function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.
• Conducts room function inspections prior to each event to ensure the room is set according to specifications.
• Maintains up to date attendance log for Event Service employees.
• Delegates tasks to ensure room sets are “on time” and meet Event Service Standards.
• Assists in maintaining the inventory of function room amenities (e.g., pads, pens, candy jars, water pitchers/bottled water) and other controllable supplies.
• Ensures candy rotation on all meeting room sets (if applicable).
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Attends pre-event meetings as needed to understand group needs.
• Communicates critical information to Event Service Team.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all banquet operation areas.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Understands the impact Event Services has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Schedules employees to ensure shift coverage and meet business demands and productivity goals.
• Participates in monthly department meetings with Event Service staff.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Uses a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Assists Event Service Manager in establishing guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.