Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001AF2
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Xiamen CY, One Marriott Drive,, Xiamen, Fujian, China VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EMBRACE YOUR CURIOSITY AND CREATIVITY
We look for people, like you, who love to create memorable experiences shared around food and drink. Your authentic style and passion for community reflects in all that you do. We encourage you to lead with creativity because,(concept) is a place where we desire to make a powerful, memorable connection with guests through the art of mixology.
At Marriott International, we believe our people are the foundation of our organization that allows us to breathe life into our strategy and continue our industry leadership in the F&B space. As part of this foundation, you will lead a concept and create unique guest experiences that draw hotel guests and patrons from the surrounding community. You’ll work closely with a team of inspiring professionals and mentor aspiring mixoligists, setting the standard for original bar programs, creatively positioning the outlet in the local market, and driving topline and customer growth.
YOUR MARRIOTT JOURNEY
As a global hospitality leader, we have the infrastructure to support you in your career and your life. Our comprehensive rewards programs will provide benefits for your lifestyle now and in the future. You’ll receive a competitive base salary enhanced by a performance based quarterly bonus that will recognize you for executing a successful and relevant concept.
Let’s not forget that you, your family, and friends will have the opportunity to travel the world through our considerable discounts on hotel rooms and travel perks. We passionately encourage and support opportunities for mentorship, learning, and development. Our collection of F&B concepts in the world’s largest portfolio of hotel brands and properties offers meaningful and diverse career growth opportunities.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
- Take ownership of all things beverage
- Display an entrepreneurial approach to building a business, specifically driving revenue and relevance
- Adapt and flex with new consumer and business needs
- Improve overall guest satisfaction based on guest qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Set expectations and parameters of quality guest service
CREATIVE AND INSPIRES OTHERS
- Build experiences that locals want to share
- Foster forward-looking innovation and stellar execution
- Guide bar program development and drink presentations
- Deliver compelling experiences again and again
- Design new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products to enhance artistic contributions
- Stay on trend with F&B concepts
A NATURAL LEADER
- Inspire and partner with others
- Lead by collaborating on beverage knowledge and bar composition with the beverage teams
- Display leadership in guest hospitality, providing excellent customer service
- Contribute to local community trade organizations and other locally relevant guilds
- Embody global perspective and curiosity or experience
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Understand financial opportunities by surveying bar demand.
- Consult with key individuals in the local community to assess opportunities while identifying and analyzing competitors.
- Control purchases and inventory, negotiate prices and contracts, develop preferred supplier lists, review and evaluate usage reports and take corrective action as necessary.
- Apply sound revenue management strategies to secure the right level of business at the most optimal time to yield maximum revenues.
- Attract guests by developing and implementing marketing, advertising, public and community relations programs, evaluating program results and identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Own bar/lounge related social media posts and public event communications; monitor social media activity; respond to comments; analyzes posts/trends; correct deficiencies.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for any events or bar/lounge related community activities.
- Participate in local networking activities that often take place off-property.
- Coordinate and book entertainment and events.
- Create long-term professional relationships with guest clientele.
- Empower employees to provide unrivaled customer service.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels and respond effectively to guest challenges and complaints.
- Incorporate guest satisfaction at every opportunity with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manage the bar/lounge in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
- Comprehend budgets, operating statements, and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Activate specific brand strategies geared towards enhancing customer experience.
- Sustain and enhance all marketing collateral, menus and guest touch points.
- Understand beverage control including, but not limited to: days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
- Monitor that ambiance/atmosphere (e.g., lighting, music, table-top, etc.) is appropriate for Bar/Lounge concept, positioning, time of day, etc.
- Lead compliance and employee adherence in handling and cleanliness standards and certifications
- Engage and develop direct reports through the performance appraisal process.
- Ensure expectations are met by exemplifying and encouraging behaviors that are consistently aligned with Marriott’s standards.
- Manage staffing levels to meet guest service standards, operational needs and financial objectives.
- Participate in the hiring process to identify the right talent to support the outlet’s concept.
- Facilitate the fair and equal treatment of employees.
- Ensure a high-engagement team and collaborative, collegial culture by supporting an open-door environment.
- Guide the growth and development of your team to support both business objectives and personal career progression of those you manage.
High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.