Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190014VO
Job Category Landscaping & Grounds
Location Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort, 800 Meters West Herradura Bay, Los Suenos, Costa Rica, Costa Rica VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Position has responsibility for supervising and coordinating activities of employees engaged in maintaining the grounds and keeping golf course turf in playing condition. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; 2 years experience in the landscaping/grounds or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists in evaluating and implementing new technologies, equipment and supplies.
• Communicates regularly with golf professional staff/tournament coordinator to ensure that all tournament needs and special set-ups are satisfied.
• Determines work priorities and schedules employees to specific tasks such as fertilizing, irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking and spraying.
• Ensures all lawns and plantings are properly watered, fertilized and cared for to promote healthy growth and prevent problems.
• Ensures contractors quality of work and compliance with safety policies and procedures.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Helps to manage the overall look of the golf course including lawn care and maintenance, irrigation, horticultural/pruning, weed control, pest and disease control.
• Keeps equipment maintained and operating at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• Manages parts, supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
• Mixes and prepares recommended spray and dust solutions.
• Supervises and manages employees.
• Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
Leading Landscaping/Grounds Team
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Gets members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Ensures that quality standards and customers expectations are met on a daily basis.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of Grounds landscaping employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Conducts a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Helps ensure necessary permits and licenses are obtained and kept current.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures and supervises their ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Participates in employee recognition program, publicly recognizing good quality, performance and service.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Promotes golf course maintenance as a career through involvement with the local school system (e.g., horticulture classes, science classes, etc.).
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.