Catering & Group Assistant Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190014MD
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
As the local, on property catering & group contact for social customers, the Catering Sales Executive is responsible for proactively
soliciting and managing social group/catering-related opportunities. Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with hotel
departments, and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post event phases of hotel
events. Ensures all events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Actively up sells each business opportunity
to maximize revenue opportunity. Achieves personal and team related revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and
in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Responsible to learn how to support Marriott’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area
• Previously a sales executive/manager in 4/5 star hotel.
• Experience of selling in GCC countries desirable but not essential.
• Marriott sales experience is desirable but not essential.
• Fluent Arabic both oral and written desirable but not essential.
• Reading Comprehension -Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing -Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Oral Comprehension -The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Basic Computer Skills -Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Number Facility -The ability to add, subtracts, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Sales and Marketing -Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Mathematics -Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Customer and Personal Service -Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Analytical/Critical Thinking -The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
• Originality -The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Active Learning -Possesses a zeal for and seeks new learning experiences; quickly comprehending and applying new information to the job.
• Building Credible Relationships -Skilled at establishing effective relationships with customers and internal partners; promoting openness, trust and confidence in one’s intentions.
• Communication -Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
• Customer Focus -Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers’ needs
• Drive for Results -Skilled at setting goals for personal and group accomplishment; working tenaciously to meet or exceed those goals.
• High Work Standards -Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
• Planning and Organizing -Skilled at controlling sales assignments; allocating appropriate time to priority goals, requirements, and sales opportunities.
• Problem Solving I Decision Making -Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
• Sales Disposition -Energetic, proactive, takes calculated risks, and perseveres to attain goals.
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Partners with group/catering counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
• Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the hotel that are outside parameters of the Event Booking Center.
• Handles all opportunities if hotel does not participate in an EBC.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and each hotel’s revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
• Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Understands the overall market -competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Utilizes Marriott Global Source for resources and information (e.g., Training Energizers, etc.).
• Leverages available eTools (e.g., eRooming Lists, eProposals, Passkey, etc.).
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
• Supports brand’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy
Service Basics, Courtyard, Spring Hill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or Towne Place Suites Morning Meeting).
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
• All statutory Marriott training courses available including: Orientation, Passport to Success, Telephone etiquette, Problem Free Stay, Grooming, 1oo% Leaders, Foundations of Leadership, Impact Leadership, Partners in Career Management, Habits for Highly Effective People, Navigating through Change & Managing Business Priorities.
• All Uniformed Associates are provided with a Marriott Uniform.
• All associates are expected to wear the correct uniform, and their name badge at all times. You are required to maintain high standards of personal hygiene, ensuring that you are always clean and well turned out during your working hours. In the eyes of the guest, you represent Marriott.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.