Franchised Overnight Front Desk Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190014IU
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel, 1000 Spring Street, Elizabeth, New Jersey, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, MCR Development LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Company MCR is the sixth largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan, and the TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (opening in spring 2019). The companys innovative approach to guest services and unparalleled attention to detail are redefining the hotel experience and earning recognition from publications including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CondÃ© Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 associates and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. Consistently honored with excellence awards, the company was named one of the United States top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business. For more information on MCR, please visit www.mcrhotels.com
The Overnight Front Desk Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of the Front Desk functions including the day to day operation of our Concierge Lounge and guest calls, in accordance with hotel standards. Acts as the hotels Manager on Duty during the overnight shifts specifically handling any guest and/or associate concerns or requests, and providing support to all open outlets. Understands and is able to implement the hotels emergencies plans. Directs implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Supports day-to-day operations, to ensure for quality standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts,
- Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Observes staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Supports training of staff on adherence to all credit policies and procedures to reduce bad debts and rebates.
- Supports same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
- Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs,providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Encourages team members to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping
- others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Provides guidance and direction to team members, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
- Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
- Manages the day to day operations of the front desk, guest calls and Concierge Lounge while providing additional management support to all other departments when acting as the hotels
- MOD during the overnight shift.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality,
- Business Administration, or related major preferred
- 1 2 years supervisory experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, with a second language helpful.
- The ability to access, retrieve and leverage info from the hotel property management system is expected.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.