Franchised Assistant Front Office Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190014IK
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Aloft San Francisco Airport, 401 East Millbrae Avenue, Millbrae, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Aloft Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at https://careers.schultehotels.com/jobs/1329326-guest-service-manager
Additional Information: https://careers.schultehotels.com/jobs/1329326-guest-service-managerThis hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Schulte Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responsible for all front office & W XYZ functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Switchboard Operations, Guest Services/Front Desk and W XYZ/Refuel talent members as applicable. As a Guest Service Manager, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all front office/W XYZ operations, including guest arrival and departure procedures. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.To ensure a professional, efficient and customer-focused front desk/food & beverage function that contributes to the overall success of the hotel.
What you will be doing
- Monitors daily status of rooms, rates, discount rates and packages
- Maintains current list of available rooms for walk situations
- Coordinates blocking of rooms
- Checks printed registration cards against information on arrival report and rectifies any discrepancies
- Ensures prompt and courteous service to guests
- Pre-registers guests according to standards
- Completes and monitors employee schedule
- Monitors VIP arrivals
- Keeps track of rooms to ensure accurate status and readiness for check-in
- Manage Refuel/WXYZ Bar
- Hires, coaches and disciplines direct reports
- Interacts positively and professionally with guests to resolve issues
- Acts as Manager on Duty as required
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years in Front Desk Operations
- Minimum of High School education, post-high school education preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to exceed expectations of guests and team members
- Excellent time management skills
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, Smart Phones (i.e. Blackberry, iPhone), 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
- Commitment to Task: Demonstrates dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Communication Skills: Presents ideas, concepts, and information effectively and clearly through the spoken word; actively listens; communicates comfortably with various audiences; responds effectively to questions.
- Flexibility: Adapts and changes course of action when appropriate; effectively transitions from task to task; deals well with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintains objectives amidst shifting priorities.
- Initiative: Takes action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a can-doâ€ attitude.
- Managing Execution: Manages multiple projects and effectively prioritizes tasks, responsibilities, and goals; uses goals to guide actions and creates detailed action plans; organizes and schedules people and tasks; utilizes resources effectively to meet goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports teams decisions; contributes to the teams efforts.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.