Apr 16, 2019Job Number
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, 1309 Ashford Avenue, San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States VIEW ON MAPBrand
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW MarriottSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Enter and retrieve information contained in computer databases using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball to update records, files, reservations, and answer inquiries from guests. Transmit information or documents using a computer, mail, or facsimile machine. Operate standard office equipment other than computers. Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software. Handle incoming and outgoing mail, including date stamping and distributing incoming mail. Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc. Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Assist DOM / Marketing Comm. Mgr as needed
- Make new files and maintain existing ones
- Act as receptionist for department managers and, when necessary, providing assistance to callers or visitors as required
- Answer telephone calls promptly (by the third ring) using proper scripting
- Produce and distribute correspondence as required
- Attend in a timely manner guest relations issues from internal and external sources with specific attention to complete satisfaction and follow up to closure
- Coordinate department purchasing of supplies and equipment required to complete daily work
- Revise Executive Checks
- Consolidate Checkbook
- Process Associate / Manager Payroll
- Assist with Social Media content creation / management
- Assist with digital marketing / platform updates and audits
- Assist with preparation of Marketing materials
- Coordinate Press Trip details
- Maintain upkeep and update department supplies inventory
- Be familiar with room product, locations, types and amenities
- Be familiar with hotel rates, discounts and tax exemption process
- Assist DOM with space and inventory bookings (SFA System)
- Have knowledge of the hotel property, staff, outlets and services including hours of operation
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Practice open communication with co-workers, managers and other departments
- Handle mail, deliveries and messages
- Looks out for the safety and security of the hotel’s internal and external guest
- Controls inventory for sales amenities, brochures and their fulfillment.
- Order the authorized personnel business cards
- Issue Gift Certificates / Vouchers. This is only restricted upon the request of the DOM.
- Making reservations for VIP’s, Special Corporate Accounts and Friends of the Family as needed and processed through the DOM, including transportation, assigning special rooms and gifts.
Follow all company policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, prepare and review written documents accurately and completely, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.