Assistant Superintendent (Golf Course Grounds)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1900147C
Job Category Landscaping & Grounds
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Sarasota, 1111 Ritz-Carlton Drive, Sarasota, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Entry level management position that supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of employees engaged in preserving grounds and keeping golf course turf in playing condition. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; 2 years experience in the landscaping/grounds or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Agriculture, Horticulture, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Day-to-Day Operations
• Assists workers to perform more critical duties.
• Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.
• Consults with the Golf Course Superintendent to plan and review work projects.
• Determines work priorities and schedules employees to specific tasks such as fertilizing, irrigating, seeding, mowing, raking and spraying.
• Supervises daily shift operations and ensures compliance with all Grounds department policies, standards and procedures.
• Supervises Grounds department and all related areas in the absence of the Superintendent.
• Supervises the day to day operations of the Grounds department to ensure the maintenance and upkeep of the property golf course.
• Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Leading Landscaping/Grounds Team
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Gets members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Strives to improve performance.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
• Ensures that quality standards and customers expectations are met on a daily basis.
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Communicates performance expectations to Grounds department employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Helps train employees in safety procedures and supervises their ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
• Participates as needed in the interviewing and hiring of Grounds landscaping employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program, publicly recognizing good quality, performance and service.
• Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.