Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1900141C
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Cleveland Marriott East, 26300 Harvard Road, Warrensville Heights, Ohio, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: Kerry.Fels@Marriott.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Winegardner & Hammons Hotel Group LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Cleveland Marriott East is looking for a talented Director of Sales to join our team!
BASIC PURPOSE: Responsible for Direct oversight of the sales/revenue generation operation of the hotel. Implements the sales activities within assigned market segment to achieve budgeted goals. Solicits, evaluates, sells, and confirms business to meet overall market segment budgeted sales and profit margin. Assists in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas as stated in the hotel Marketing Plan to increase sales volume and profitability.
Responsible for total room, banquet, catering, and room rental revenue streams, yield strategies, implementation and accountable to market performance and meeting budget, forecast, and optimal business mix targets. Position requires extensive interaction and coordination with Hotels General Manager, revenue management, executive team members and regional/corporate personnel. Additional responsibilities include hiring of staff, training, managing and coaching.
- Manage Hotel group, transient, and catering/banquet and catering associates to include all day to day activities with respect to direct sales activities and revenue generation goals of Hotel.
- Develop rates, group ceilings and deployment strategies through review of competitive data, demand analysis and mix management.
- Direct and manage all sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Actively participate in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
- Manage sales coordinators to insure responsibilities are in place and task are competed on time.
- Drive share shifting including development of strategies and actions to move share, monitor and revise as needed
- Must have knowledge and be able to execute utilization of all brand channels and tools to drive revenue.
- In conjunction with General Manager and Director of Revenue Management development of the marketing plan and annual business plan
- Along with General Manager and property executive team actively participate in forecasting revenues
- Carry a monthly booking goal for a specific segment of business for pro-active sales solicitation- segment TBA (subject to change)
- In conjunction with General Manager and Director of Revenue Management,
- conduct group sales business review analysis to determine viability of booking with respect to business levels, annual business plan objectives and overall Hotel performance.
- Achieve all solicitation & sales revenue goals related to specifically assigned markets monthly and those of the sales team.
- Assist with all reporting, administrative as determined by the GM “responsible for weekly sales planning, monthly quota/productivity reporting and group pre-sell reports, quarterly goal development. Ad hoc or additional items may be required based on ownership or management company reporting requirements.
- Determine tradeshow, sales trips, organization of sales efforts, community events for staff to participate in order to meet Hotel annual business plan objectives and as assigned.
- Conduct daily business review meetings, weekly strategic sales meetings, management meetings and other meetings as required/ requested.
- Participate in management meetings to include GM Staff meetings, sales meeting, revenue meetings etc.
- In collaboration with designated resource contacts, develop needed marketing support inclusive of advertising, public relations and promotional activities as needed to support direct sales efforts to insure attainment of Hotel business plan objectives.Ability to lead and direct performance of departmental associates and follow through with coaching and supportive actions as needed.
- Ability to effectively model and maintain Hotel mission statement and guiding principles.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all guest and Hotel information
- Executes and supports the companys Customer Service Standards and propertys Brand Standards.
- Education: Four year college degree or equivalent education/experience with course work in business preferred.
Experience: Three years combined sales, marketing, data management and supervisory experience. Prior Hotel/travel industry experience required, preferably in a globally branded environment.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate employees performance fairly.
- Working knowledge of revenue management and e-Commerce.
- Ability to recruit, supervises, train and motivate multiple levels of managers.
- Knowledge of hotel and competitive market.
- Ability to analyze data and establish appropriate action plans.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.