Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19001412
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard Lafayette, 150 Fairington Ave, Lafayette, Indiana, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at https://courtyardlafayette.typeform.com/to/PieyG5
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Bricton Group, Inc. (The). The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Meets and exceeds revenue goals by developing new accounts and growing current hotel accounts in a profitable and win-win selling approach. This position is responsible for all communications between all hotel managers as they relate to hotel sales developments, special projects, target accounts and sales tactics. It is responsible for revenue maximization and control of expenses through effective negotiation of contracts, timely and accurate submission of requests for proposal (RFP’s), lead responses, accurate forecasting, appropriate marketing endeavors and expenditures and labor and checkbook tools. Responsible for successful and growing relationships in both the community and within hotel accounts to assure customers remain loyal and book future business with hotel/company. Uses direct selling and solicitation efforts for seeking out new business and investigating developments in the community. Participates in total hotel management as a member of the hotel executive committee.
- Direct sales: Targets appointment-oriented sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan. Must have own reliable transportation and posses a valid state driver's license in order to make sales calls.
- Key account management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- New account development: Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research, Knowland Group reports and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business.
- Plans and implements an on-going targeted account development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity, relationship building, community involvement and innovation.
- Yield management: Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Account service and management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to service client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relations through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Product knowledge: Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
- Time management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating time on direct sales efforts.
- Assures the sales teams involvement in hotel and community activities, making sure sales staff members are well known inside and outside the hotel
This company is an equal opportunity employer.