Director of Audiovisual and Event Technology (Salaried plus Incentive)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190013KM
Job Category Event Management
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, 2121 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for audio-visual presentations in the property’s meeting space, manages event technology sales and leads the event technology staff in the daily operation of the department. The position is responsible for achieving guest and employee satisfaction and for managing the financial performance of the department. Accountable for maintaining and securing all department equipment.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years of experience in the audio-visual operations or related professional area; technical training in audio/video/lighting equipment.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Communication, Computer and Information Science, or related major; 2 years of experience in the audio-visual operations or related professional area; technical training in audio/video/lighting equipment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Audio-Visual Operations Goals
• Works with the management team to develop and implement the business plan and long term strategies for Event Technology.
• Plans and addresses alternate revenue streams and financial performance.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Establishes and monitors measurable goals for the department.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Champions all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Assists with implementation and execution of all event technology related corporate initiatives, and promotions.
• Determines formats, approaches, content, levels, and mediums to effectively meet objectives within budgetary constraints, utilizing research, knowledge, and training.
• Reach out to clients to help manage the business process, set and meet client expectations and deliver according to the budget.
• Estimates cost and benefit ratio, maintaining balance between profit and service satisfaction.
Ensuring Execution of Events
• Oversees the servicing of all events.
• Oversees the administrative processes associated with event technology operations.
• Leads discussions to review scheduled events and proactively avoid service challenges and failures.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
Maintaining and Progressing Equipment Inventory
• Maintains awareness of current trends in event technology and integrates into the operation in a timely manner.
• Initiates and maintains the proprietary audio visual department computer system.
• Ensures event technology heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
• Ensures equipment is maintained, properly secured, and inventory levels are kept in accordance with corporate guidelines.
• Reviews effectiveness of event technology annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Maintains customer satisfaction to ensure retention and growth of business through referrals and repeat events.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in event technology (e.g., pre-event briefings and staff meetings).
• Communicates effectively with property departments outside of Event Technology.
• Maintains strong working relationships with guests/clients, local and national suppliers, staging companies, and audio visual consulting companies.
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.