Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 190013H5
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America, 2141 Lindau Lane, Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the banquet food preparation staff and managing all food related catering functions. Supports coordinating menus, purchasing, scheduling, food preparation and plating for catering events. The individual is responsible for delivering a consistent, high quality product with an appetizing presentation. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
• Ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Plans food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Manages food quantities and plating requirements for all banquet functions.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
• Estimates daily Banquet Event Order production needs.
• Attends daily Banquet Event meetings to review culinary requirements.
• Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
• Assists Management of Banquet Event Order (BEO) process including menu development, pricing, tracking and ordering.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Supporting Management of Culinary Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Supervises banquet kitchen shift operations.
• Communicates production needs to key personnel.
• Communicates regularly with employees to ensure performance expectations are clear.
• Utilizes an "open door" policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.