Franchised Food & Beverage Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000ZZV
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Houston Downtown, 806 Main Street, Houston, Texas, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IF YOU ARE "BEST OF CLASS IN RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT"
Pearl Hospitality is a visionary and dynamic company who owns and manages the unique JW Marriott Houston Downtown Houston. Pearl Hospitality has a proven ability to achieve insurmountable success that breaks all barriers.
Only applicants with a strong and proven luxury Food and Beverage management background or compatible skill set will be considered. This position will lead and manage the Main Kitchen Restaurant, In Room Dining as well as the Executive Lounge.
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely guest oriented, highly disciplined and never say die.
- You have an uncanny ability to create strong leaders.
- You have a mentoring spirit and are highly accountable to everyone you work with.
- You have the drive and determination to help create an enduring great company.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
The Food and Beverage Manager for our JW Marriott Downtown Houston reports directly to the Director of Food and Beverage and is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the Pearl culture for Main Kitchen Restaurant, The Executive Lounge and In Room Dining at the JW Marriott Downtown Houston. Our Food and Beverage Manager must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
- Fostering the Pearl Culture
- Must possess strong interviewing skills
- Must have a strong and proven past luxury restaurant management background.
- Mentor, train and motivate the associates to execute a unique and memorable dining experience.
- Properly schedule according to demand and budget guidelines.
- Increase guest satisfaction in each area.
- Complete knowledge of restaurant management including budgeting, scheduling, food costs/costing, wine and spirit inventory management, proper tracking of liquor, Point of Sale system knowledge.
- Must comply with all City sanitation regulations as well as uphold and execute all Marriott standards requirements.
- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves Main Kitchen Restaurant / In Room Dining / Executive Lounge operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets F&B financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Maintains ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
This company is an equal opportunity employer.