Franchised IT Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000ZZN
Job Category Information Technology
Location Delta Hotels Kingston Waterfront, 1 Johnson Street, Kingston, Ontario, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Delta Hotels and Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee,Diamond Hotels Canada Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
To oversee all operations of the Information Technology department. To oversee support of all onsite Information Technology needs on property.
- Ensure that excellent customer service and communication is a hallmark of the Information Technology department
- Maintain all onsite systems and ensure that systems are being integrated according to corporate standards
- Maintain all fiber optic and copper cabling infrastructure throughout property, coordinate all moves/adds/changes with necessary departments and if necessary facilitate working relationship with outside contractors to complete any necessary infrastructure modifications. Any and all modifications need to comply with standard structured cabling standards and practices
- Isolate and analyze technology areas in need of improvement at property and encourage a culture of problem solving and action. Communicate these needs to corporate office and keep necessary onsite departments updated on these topics
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company's disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Provide technical guidance to other operating areas on deploying new technologies and ensure that these technologies are used in the most efficient manner possible
- Ensure that IT systems and controls are in place to comply with corporate policy and procedures in maintaining compliance with PCI standards, backup policies, and other corporate IT standards
- Facilitate key communication between IT and other departments when emergencies arise maintain ability to be flexible to company needs during emergency situations
- Encourage and maintain open and clear communication, rapport and cooperation with all internal departments to foster best possible service to all guests
- Provide support for all areas of IT to maintain department continuity during low staffing levels
- Assist with resolution on difficult or unusual problems arising with guests or internal customers
- Compose and achieve annual objectives
- In coordination with corporate offices compose departmental standard operating procedures and ensure that daily procedure checklists are in place to ensure efficient operation of all onsite systems and procedures
- Inspect departmental areas daily
- Act as coach and teacher and positive role model for associates and colleagues
- Attend associate-related events
- Provide detailed support documentation and maintenance of documentation so that all members of team are able to support any systems
- Responsibilities and duties may be added, deleted, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
- Must be able to travel as required based on needs
- Adherence to established best practices for systems implementation, deployment, monitoring, housekeeping, security, disaster recovery, and backups
- Manage and maintain inventories related to systems such as Maintenance/Service/Support, Licensing, Asset Management, Software Systems, Life Cycle Management
- Performs other duties and special projects as required or assigned by management
- The above areas of responsibility are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work to be performed. They are not all inclusive and may be amended from time to time.
- Requires three to five years in progressive IT department with extensive experience in managing projects
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or experience, required
- This position requires excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter, alert, energetic, responsible and flexible and possess good judgment
- Must have effective listening and verbal and written communication skills
- Must be mature, pleasant, courteous, cooperative and an enthusiastic team player who displays good human relations skills
- Must be flexible in working hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be able to complete assignments, special projects and reports in a timely, thorough and efficient manner
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift
- Diamond Hotels Management Inc. is committed to providing fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will be happy to work with you to ensure your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided if required. Our Human Resources Department will consult with the applicant to arrange for a suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicants disability needs.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.