Maître - Seasonal - The Gritti Palace
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000ZMX
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice, Campo Santa Maria del Giglio, Venice, Venezia, Italy VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Luxury Collection
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
The Maitre will be part of the team of talented professionals led by the Restaurant Manager and the F&B Director at The Gritti Palace, Venice.
The main goal is to ensure a memorable experience to all our guests.
Among the responsibilities:
- Ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service and that guest needs are met.
- Complete opening and closing duties as necessary, including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to appropriate department or contact directly for urgent repairs.
- Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management and Loss Prevention at the time of the incident and/or accident. Communicate information to manager/supervisor by documenting pertinent information in appropriate department.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; and serve as a role model.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Fluent English
- Experience in 5* luxury hotels
- Outstanding customer service skills