Franchised Front Office Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000ZLS
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Providence Marriott Downtown, Charles & Orms Streets, Providence, Rhode Island, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://usr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/mjh/Site/PROVIDENCEPORTAL/Posting/View/654
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Meyer Jabara Hotels. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
• To supervise the front desk, bell staff, concierge team, guest relations, concierge lounge and the PBX to strive towards total guest satisfaction.
• Ensure that all associates are adhering to all hotel policies, standards, procedures and regulations.
• Needs to be able to perform in all front office functions. Total responsibility for hiring, training and development of all associates working for the front office and PBX.
• Assist the Director of Front Office in all areas to ensure smooth operations.
• Journey Philosophy - Demonstrate knowledge of the Meyer Jabara Journey Philosophy and practices, culture, terminology, organizational structure and principles. That philosophy should be portrayed in the professional appearance, behavior, integrity, openness and accessibility to employees. Achieve performance objectives in accordance with the components of empowerment and principles of leadership. Exhibit a "hands on" approach to training, developing and working along side employees and a commitment to individual growth. Your role is that of Coach and Mentor to your management team and associates. Maintain an open door policy to encourage and support positive employee relations and guest satisfaction.
• Implement Meyer Jabara programs and supervise the daily operations of the front desk to comply with LSOP’s and SOP’s, maximize revenues and motivate associates to ensure optimal level of guest satisfaction and hospitality standards.
• Responsible for the smooth, efficient and professional operation of all front office and PBX areas as directed by front office manager.
• Ensures that all procedures and policies are in place and followed.
• Conducts audit and controls on a regular basis. Communicates with accounting in case of any irregularities; and coaches and counsels associates whenever appropriate.
• Strictly follows bank-out procedures and cash handling procedures.
• Ensures confidentiality of User Log-Ons. Ensure that users are logged out when leaving the area.
• Train and develop associates to the highest possible extent. Ensures that daily training is provided for technical, hospitality, communication, management, and organizational skills.
• Leads by example: Provides a high-quality service and aggressive hospitality towards all customers.
• Ensures that recognition programs for both guest and associates are in place and working.
• Controls costs effectively to meet budget guidelines. Has control system in place for all controllable costs and man hours.
• Communicates with front desk managers and front desk supervisors about daily audits and controls, so all are informed about proper procedures.
• Initiates additional tasks to improve existing procedures and guest satisfaction.
• Resolves system problems and can operate the system manually. Can lead the staff through a down time.
• Initiates monthly meetings in the department. Attend staff meetings, operations meetings.
• Is in the guest area during high traffic times to assist the front office associates and to ensure smooth operations.
• Have plans and actions in place that support goals and mission of the department, company and the hotel.
• Hotel Knowledge - Remain informed and inform staff of all departmental communications and events to provide friendly, efficient and professional service to transient guests, groups and catering events. Lead the daily “Voice of the Guest” meeting and deliver all necessary information.
• Area Knowledge- Ensure staff is knowledgeable about all hotel services in addition to local attractions/services, points of interest, current events, and upcoming attractions. Be knowledgeable of various means of transportation and schedules, along with directions to all area points of interest, shopping and attractions.
• Work closely with local services to be able to make reservations for our Guests during sold out periods. Possess working knowledge of Providence and its history. Ensure the staff can demonstrate the same extensive knowledge of the area.
• Two year college degree or equivalent education/experience. Minimum 2 years front desk supervisor or related experience. Ability to achieve positive guests relations and maximizes guest satisfaction. Ability to handle cash and credit transactions. Ability to enforce all company rules and regulations.
• Superior supervision, multitasking, decision making and time-management
Physical Job Requirements:
• Stand and walk for extended periods of time, see and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids, operate standard office equipment, use a telephone, hear and understand at normal levels on the telephone, speak so that others may understand at normal levels and on the telephone, reach overhead, grasp, push, pull, move or lift up to 30 lbs. on an occasional basis.
• The work environment is creative, productive, and accountable to all of the team members involved, Greatroom, shuttle, under the porte cochere, and in the bell closet, AYS office, Front Desk
• Computer, Printers, Copier, Shuttle Van, Bell Carts, telephone, nextel
This company is an equal opportunity employer.