Franchised Sous Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000ZH7
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, 6755 Fallsview Blvd, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Canadian Niagara Hotels, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Located on the brink of one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, the Marriott on the Falls Hotel and Conference Centre is minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. With 404 guests rooms and suites, the Marriott on the Falls Hotel offers exceptional guest room accommodations, sumptuous dining options at its on-site Milestones Fallsview, savory Cocktails and Tapas in our Great Room Lobby Bar, full-service Starbucks along with 23 private function rooms and boardrooms totaling over 40,000 square feet of meeting space including our 8400 sq. ft. Oakes Grand Ballroom with an additional 2700 sq. ft. foyer and much more. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
At the Marriott on the Falls, our culinary operations thrive with the commitment of our Associates who demonstrate/support the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change and pursuing excellence. We are currently seeking a Banquet Sous Chef who is creative, results-driven and has a passion for excellence to lead our culinary team. The successful candidate will report to Executive Chef and will assist in running the Marriott on the Falls culinary operations.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising the production, operational and sanitation aspects of all culinary and stewarding operations for all Marriott food outlets and banquet facilities.
- Assisting with the Banquet Event Order process including menu development, pricing, menu costings and ordering of food products.
- Attending daily Banquet Event meetings, review culinary requirements for upcoming parties and special functions.
- Communicating daily with the Executive Chef for an update regarding planning, staffing, and internal procedures for upcoming special events.
- Assisting in the recruiting, training, coaching and the development of the culinary team.
- Participating in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Interacting with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Ensuring culinary Marriott brand standards and responsibilities are met.
- Maintaining, implementing policies and procedures.
- Purchasing, receiving and storage of all food items.
- Managing food costs through waste management, portion control and ordering.
- Ensuring high level of food quality and consistency through training and direction to kitchen associates.
- Maintaining exceptional levels of guest service.
- Working within budgeted guidelines in relation to Food and Payroll.
- Conducting daily pre-shift meetings according to Marriott brand standards.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety Legislation
- College Degree or certification in culinary field/hospitality field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years Kitchen Supervisory experience required in both a la carte and banquet operations.
- Minimum of 5 years cooking experience.
- Previous working experience in a unionized environment preferred.
- Red Seal certification preferred.
- Advanced food safety certified with knowledge of OHSA
- The successful candidate is expected to be a leader in demonstrating service behaviours consistent with the Marriott standards
- Outstanding attention to detail – both personal grooming/appearance and properly identifying guests needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Read, write and speak and understand English.
- Skilled in the use of computers and software programs such as excel and MS office.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift, including holidays and weekends
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.