Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000ZH4
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott Riverside at the Convention Center, 3400 Market Street, Riverside, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Azul Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, highly enthusiastic, determined, and well-spoken sales professional to join our new Azul Hospitality Group team. As a Sales Manager, you will be responsible for developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementing sales and marketing strategies to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction, and meeting and exceeding forecasted and budgeted revenue goals. Minimum of 3 years hotel sales experience required. Marriott systems experience strongly preferred.
- Manage group and transient accounts to maximize business potential
- Negotiate group and transient business and contracts that meet or exceed hotel revenue goals
- Negotiate contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Make on-site and field presentations to prospective clients
- Actively pursue new clients through creative/innovative sales techniques and aggressive prospecting
- Prospect and qualify all lead sources through cold calls, tele-prospecting and networking to generate new opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to up sell customer through food & beverage offerings, room upgrades, AV and lighting upgrades and spa faculties, if applicableDrive strategies to develop long term business relationships and repeat business
- Drive strategies to develop long term business relationships and repeat business
- Enthusiastically and proactively sale the Hotel concept to group and catering prospects in a way that best illustrates the identity of the brand as innovative and new
- Consistently identify new business and aggressively pursue new accounts by make prospecting calls, outside sales calls and attending trade shows
- Develop long term business relationships and consistently book repeat business
- Attend tradeshows, make on-site field presentations, and outside sales calls to prospective clients
- Conduct unique site inspections that create a WOW experience for the customer
- Create customized Menus and proposals, etc.
- Maintain accurate information on all bookings, specifically program details, client correspondence, traces and to-do listsRespond to all customer inquiries within 24 hours or sooner
- Maintain accurate information on all bookings, specifically program details, client correspondence, traces and to-do lists
- Provide client support to include processing client leads, investigating hotel and preferred guest program issues, and acquiring or sending collateral materialsProduce and distribute accurate group resumes within timeframe set by hotel
- Provide client support to include processing client leads, investigating hotel and preferred guest program issues, and acquiring or sending collateral materials
- Provide hotel support to include following up on outstanding responses, calling, faxing and emailing clients with responses and answering requests
- Report generation as needed
- Partners with Operations in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customer’s expectations
- Maintains liaison with other hotel departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
- Be an active part of the property team supporting and developing the desired Azul Hospitality Group culture
- Drive product quality and a unique guest experience at every opportunity
- Take pride in the overall look and feel of the hotel never walking past something out of placeMaintain a refreshing attitude focused on positive friendly interactions with guests and staff
- Maintain a refreshing attitude focused on positive friendly interactions with guests and staff
- Develop and maintain strong interdepartmental relationships and open communication lines to assure efficient transfer of information.
- Schedule meetings and business group activities at the hotel.
- Be familiar with all company policies and benefits.
- All other duties assigned.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.