Mgr-Room Care Multiproperty
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000Z94
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Courtyard San Salvador, Esquina Calle 2 y Calle 3,, San Salvador, El Salvador, El Salvador VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Manages housekeeping and engineering functions and staff to ensure property guest rooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Areas of responsibility include Housekeeping, Engineering/Maintenance, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all operations in their areas. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Room Care Operations and Budgets
• Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
• Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
• Performs minimum number of suite inspections and defect list weekly.
• Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives by balancing costs with employee/guests satisfaction and quality.
• Assists in the performance of hourly job functions as needed.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Responds to customer service department requests in a timely manner.
• Assists team supervisors in understanding employee engagement and guest satisfaction results, developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
• Ensures staffing levels allow team members to exceed guest needs.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Ensures that all employees, team leaders (if applicable) and manager(s) understand the brand’s service culture.
• Trains and implements property’s emergency plan.
• Provides a safe working environment.
• Ensures that all new suite attendants are being trained utilizing the best method of cleaning a suite.
• Conducts performance reviews in a timely fashion.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Understands, implements, and trains team members on Quality Service Delivery.
• Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
• Assists team members with constructive coaching and counseling.
• Understands employees and guests ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeds them.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Completes development plan for team supervisors focusing on continued learning.
• Assists the team supervisors doing the same for each team member.
• Ensures employees understand all of brand benefits, employee handbook and non-subscriber plan.
• Celebrates and fosters decisions that result in successes as well as failures.