Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000Z6T
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Fairfield by Marriott San Salvador, Calle 2, Centro de Estilo, San Salvador, El Salvador, El Salvador VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for all front office and food and beverage functions and staff. Areas of responsibility include Guest Services/Front Desk and Restaurants/Bars, as applicable. As a department head, directs and works with managers and employees to successfully execute all operations in their areas. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Guest Services Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and managing employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Ensures successful operation of the restaurant and front desk teams.
• Ensures that all brand standards are being maintained in each area.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
• Promotes empowerment by recognizing team members that make decisions.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all GSS forms, comment cards and guest letters.
Maintaining Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiates with others.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
• Ensures employees understand all of brand benefits, employee handbook and non-subscriber plan.
• Ensures that all employees, team leaders (if applicable) and manager(s) understand the brand’s service culture.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Assists employees in understanding guests ever-changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
• Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
• Responds to customer service department requests in a timely manner.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Conducts performance reviews in a timely fashion.
• Ensures orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
• Understands associate engagement and guest satisfaction results, developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
• Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS where applicable.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Performs hourly job functions as needed.
• Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.