Assistant Purchasing Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000YCJ
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa, 23 Beach Road, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Méridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for following established procedures in ordering, receiving, storing, distributing and payment of items. Assists in formulating an approved vendors list encompassing all categories.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Managing Work, Projects, Policies, and Standards for Purchasing Across Departments
• Assists with generating and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Assures sanitation compliance.
• Assists Executive Chef in all aspects of purchasing (e.g., Food, Beverage and Controllable) to ensure quality and profitability.
• Orders all food and beverage based on business needs.
• Assists Executive Chef in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
• Assists in enforcing first in/first out inventory rotation for all storeroom products.
• Maintains sanitation and safety standards as specified in the brand guidelines.
• Ensures that proper safeguards are in effect for the security of the food and beverage storeroom assets.
• Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
• Communicates with kitchen, restaurant management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
• Checks invoice on goods received against shipment to ensure quantity, quality, weights and purchase specifications are as ordered.
• Uses existing computer programs to perform daily and period end food and beverage costs.
• Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
• Completes administrative tasks on a timely basis (e.g., C-7s, menu costing, general office duties).
• Completes period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
• Calculates figures for food and beverage inventory.
• Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the F & B Director and Executive Chef.
• Assists in receiving and inspecting all deliveries.
• Maintains an accurate controllable log and beverage perpetual.
• Ensures accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Purchasing Operations
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of A.S.I. standards.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Interacts with kitchen staff, vendors and Executive Chef.
• Uses existing computer programs effectively to post invoices, update items and costs.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.