Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 19000VM2
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, One Marriott Drive, Perth, Western Australia, Australia VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Owned by multinational developer, Far East Consortium, The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will be a prominent anchor point within Perth’s Elizabeth Quay development. Sitting just 30 metres from the waterfront, the 205-room hotel will occupy a 28-storey tower, which will also include a selection of impressive residential apartments. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth, together with The Towers at Elizabeth Quay, an upscale residential development located beside the hotel, will sit atop exclusive retail space, fine-dining experiences, and waterfront access. The Ritz-Carlton, Perth will also offer guests world-class amenities, including four distinctive restaurants and bars. The hotel is also ideally positioned to accommodate conference and meeting space demand in the city with 2,000 square metres of conference space, including a spacious 572 square metres ballroom fitted with the latest AV technology. Other facilities at the hotel include a Fitness Centre, which offers a gym, spa, and outdoor infinity swimming pool, while an open-roof courtyard with tropical, landscaped gardens creates a resort feel in a bustling city.
The hotel is set to open mid 2019.
Responsible for Restaurant, Lounge and Pool Bars daily shift operations and supervision of staff. Position assists with promoting the lounge, menu planning, maintains standards, assists servers on the floor during peak periods and manages property liquor inventories and controls. Also oversee Banquet beverage operations.
Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable for enforcing all legal obligations professionally and consistently. Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Restaurant, Lounge and Pool Bar Operations
• Implements agreed upon beverage policy and procedures throughout the property.
• Manages in compliance with all local, state and Federal beverage and liquor laws.
• Understands beverage control including days on hand, perpetual inventory, bar pars, portion control, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns, food standards, and period end inventory.
• Monitors adherence to all liquor control policies and procedures.
• Attends pre- and post-convention meetings as needed to understand group needs.
• Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
• Participates in the management of department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Ensures compliance with all Bar/Lounge policies, standards and procedures.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Manages inventories according to budget and business levels.
• Assists with developing menus and promotions as necessary.
Leading Restaurant, Lounge and Pool Bar Team
• Trains staff on liquor control policies and procedures.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Communicates critical information to the Bar/Lounge staff regarding each event.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and complaints.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Provides feedback to individuals in an effort to improve service performance.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Managing Human Resource Activities
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.